October Discipline

Options
Hanswifey
Hanswifey Posts: 20 Member
edited October 2018 in Challenges
Happy October! I'm looking to start a discipline challenge for the month of October as a way of keeping accountable to sticking with our programs! If you'd like to join, enter in your information and post daily to mark if you've met your daily criteria. For fun, feel free to put a measurement with your first posting so we can see a "measurement" of progress at the end of the month (weight, inches, flexibility level etc)

For the first post:
Minutes of exercise per day (note how.many rest days we can expect per week as well):
Daily calorie range:
Personal daily goal:
Starting measurement:

Daily posts -
Minutes of exercise:
Calories actual:
What did you do to reach toward your personal goal:

Bragging rights to the most disciplined participant!

Replies

• Hanswifey
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im hoping to strive for discipline this month in regards to being exercise and eating. I am a serial over eater and lazy lady. I'm 3 months post partum and really wanting to get back to the size I was when I first got married.. here are my starting stats!

Minutes of exercise per day: 30 minutes/day with 2 rest days per week
    Daily calorie range: 2000-2200 (I'm breastfeeding so I'm hoping to not mess with my supply by cutting down a ton)
    Personal daily goal: stretch with the goal of being able to do the middle splits
    Starting measurement: I'm going to do weight, which currently I am 163lbs
  • KaraK03
    KaraK03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Minutes of exercise per day: 15 min MaxTrainer 4+ days/week, lifting Bowflex 2+ days/week

Daily calorie range: 1,900-2,000 (excluding calories burned through exercise)

Personal daily goal: Consistency with calorie intake and workouts

Starting measurement: 173 lbs (pregnant (3rd trimester) so I don't expect/nor want to lose weight) 6'1" tall.

• Hanswifey
    Options
    For 10/1:
    30 mins of Barre!
    1738 calories - missed my goal here :/ but we went to our friends for dinner so I ate til I was satisfied but got hungry again a couple hours later but since we were at their house I didn't eat anymore and by the time we got home (12:30) I was too tired to eat and just wanted to get to sleep.
    I did some stretching on the floor with baby to reach further towards the splits!
  • KaraK03
    Options
    10/1
    Minutes of exercise: 15 mins max trainer
    Calories actual:2000 (not my goal but was hungry and Im not about deprivation because for me that equals binging!
    What did you do to reach toward your personal goal: worked out and intuitive eating.

Today I am a little more on track with calories than yesterday!
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    10/2
    30 mins of exercise - super struggle to get this completed.
    2040 calories, so right in my range!
    I've downloaded an app that has stretches to do to work way into splits so I did those exercises.

Here we go for another day!
  • KaraK03
    Options
    10/2
    15 mins Max Trainer... 215 calories burned (exhaustion)
    2,065 calories
    Stayed under calorie net but have been trying to stay under without adding in the calories burned. Maybe today!
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    @KaraK03 woah! That sounds like exhaustion!! Way to go!
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    10/3
    2102 calories
    30 mins speed walking
    Didn't do the stretching :(
  • robynleegetsfit
    robynleegetsfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join. I know all the things I should do but I lack discipline.

Goals:
    Exercise: at least 30 minutes + 10 minute stretching
    CALORIES: 1350
    Personal goal: improve my dance technique.
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    Welcome @robynleegetsfit !
    For 10/4
    I under ate calories again but I had a huge salad and I believe that to be the culprit. .
    Made my exercise goal!
    I used my app to do stretches that are working towards the splits! (I hope)
  • davisonhome
    davisonhome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I've never done a challenge before and would love to participate. For the first post (I started using MFP again on 10/1, so I'll input that info), then post later today as catch for the week.

Goals:
    • Minutes of exercise per day: 10,000 steps/day, 5 days per week and wanting to add 15 minutes body weight exercise
    • Daily calorie range: 1500 max
    • Personal daily goal: Consistency in PLANNING my food at the start of each day and then sticking to that plan and recording in MFP
    • Starting measurement: As of 10/1/18, 184.6.
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    10/5
    Calories - 2100 so within my range!
    Exercise - none, was out and about for the day. Looking forward to a day of hiking today to wrap up my goal of 5x per week!
    Skipped stretching too thise which is dumb.

Anyways, we've made it to the weekend! Keep strong everyone!
  • davisonhome
    Options
    10/5
    • Calories - 1440/1500; stayed 60 under (this is my number one goal, to get my eating under control)
    • Exercise - 10,000 steps. Did NOT get my 15 minutes of body weight exercise. This is something new I want to add, but did not get it started. Shooting for Monday instead. I usually take the weekends off from my "usual" exercise routine.

Overall, I've had a good week, seeing 180.2 on the scale when I awoke Friday and 180.0 on Saturday morn. Weekends I struggle. Struggling now, wanting to snack, but I'm determined to quit throwing all my discipline out the window on Saturdays and Sundays. Big goal for the weekends: Weigh less on Monday morning than Friday morning!
  • Dawnie44410
    Dawnie44410 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am struggling. Almost reached goal and lost the plot. Only thing I am doing right is my 10,000 steps a day and recording what I am eating. That looks shocking. Wise choices are out the door so weight creeping up again. So want to get my head straight and on track once more.
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    10/6
    Somehow I managed to stay within my calorie goal? I ended up snacking on candy while out hiking with my family (my dad is the sweets culprit). Of course everyone in my family is tiny so it doesn't really make a difference for them. But anyways, glad I didn't surpass the 2200. I added everything this morning and was a little worried to look when I was done.
    Hiked for about 3 hours yesterday which included climbing up and around boulders (with my 3 month old strapped to front of me!).
    I neglected my stretching :(
  • davisonhome
    Options
    @Dawnie44410 I am so with you. I did the same, more than once, and right now, recording and 10,000 steps are an effort, but at least it's an effort we're making, right? I'm trying to plan my food at the start of the day and input in MFP, then follow that plan. Maybe something similar would help you? During the week I do well, but the weekends are a struggle. Yesterday was a struggle, but I didn't plan my food. Today I'm going to do so and stick to it. Hope your Sunday goes smoothly!
  • Hanswifey
    Options
    @davisonhome have you planned out your meals for the day today? You've got this! Weekends are rough. I love weekends because they are fun but it feels like all structure is gone.
  • davisonhome
    Options
    10/6
    • Calories - 2015/1500 - I'm not thrilled about this, but there was nobody but me shoving seven sugar cookies, a few stray peanuts and pork rinds in my mouth yesterday except me. Oh....and one bite-sized mini cupcake. That's what started the whole "one more won't hurt," mentality, but obviously it did. The crazy part is, I don't really even enjoy when I'm doing it, there's so much guilt. Do you ever dream about the day when you can eat just one thing, like everyone else, enjoy it, finish it, and not thing about more?
    • Exercise - 4590 steps. I don't schedule "planned" exercise for the weekend, so this is ok.

I didn't preplan my food in MFP. I had a rough mental idea of what it would be, and this is what happens. If I plan my meals, snacks, calories goals, all of it, in advance, it eliminates the need to make choices later, which is good, because in the moment I make really bad choices. :)
  • davisonhome
    Options
    @Hanswifey You read my mind! I'm drinking my morning brew and planning right now! It's weird about structure. Why do we get so hung up on the weekends? I'm really not sure. Is it because it's a break from work and such that we make it a break from food, common sense, goals, planning? For me, that's not even reasonable, because I work from home. The weekend is nearly 30% of the entire week, so I really need to get this under control!! Love the feedback!
  • davisonhome
    Options
    10/7
    Calories - 1343/1500
    Exercise - NA on weekends
    Weight - 180.2, same as Friday morning, but up .2 from Saturday.
    -4.4 from last Monday
    Today I'm starting "weekly goal planning" and I'm already behind on what I planned (sheesh), so I'll leave it at this. I'm not happy with my weekend progress, too many sugar choices, but I'm happy with my week. Good luck this week everyone!