Starting Over....

Options
I'm mad at myself more than anything. You know when you really want something to eat and don't have the calories for it? I had this plan where I'd borrow calories from the following day so I could have it. Only problem is, I ended up borrowing calories for a couple weeks and have hardly calories over for the next couple of weeks.
I'm mad at myself for doing it because, with all the extra exercise I've been putting in, I could had lost more weight than what I have.
Doctors told me I need to lose weight. I yell at the people on my 600 pound life to stop stuffing food in their face...its not rocket science. Yet, here I am. It's such a simple concept and, yet, so hard to do....
So here I am again back at it. No more borrowing calories....if I'm going to make it to 50, I need to do this.
Thanks for listening to my vent. I have no friends to really vent to. Figured I'd come here instead. :)

Replies

• Jan0404
    Jan0404 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, So glad you turned to MFP for support and motivation. Like you I have been beating myself up for not sticking to eating sensibly and getting to my ideal goal weight for the past year. I always thought I could go it alone but it never works for me so I came on here to get back on track and I'm pleased to say it's working. Every time I think about food and start to weaken I go on here instead and it strengthens my resolve again.
    Don't beat yourself up about how you've been. Just draw a line under it and go forward from here. Together we really can do it. Keep focussed and take one day at a time. You really can do it. I have some great dance fitness DVD's at home they are fun to do and a great workout. I also swim in the sea as its invigorating and great for toning. Find something you enjoy and it will lift you. All the different topics on here really help...motivation, recipes, fitness etc. Good luck 😘
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    As simple as it sounds, it doesn't come simple for everyone.
    We need to eat food, which makes overeating and food addictions so much more difficult to handle.

Maybe rollover calories would have worked better? Not a bad idea.
    I would take one day at a time though.
    Calorie credit is dangerous..
    This time, use same day, cash only calories.
    You can do it! :)

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Well, reading your post, you’re losing weight, correct? So it’s working.

Your post seems to be in the general category of “not good enough.” Be careful messing with success. Consider that you may be better served by some patience.

I lost the last 40lbs on Weight Watchers. Not a plug. I’ve no idea what the program is now. WW point counting was just calorie counting dressed up for trademark purposes. But a thing they had was the flex point system. I got my daily points but then I had a weekly account of extras I could draw down during the week. Helped covered mistakes, allowed for some treats, helped cover social functions. Also helped that everyday did not have to be the same calories.

Why not wipe the slate clean, and rework your plan to bank a few calories each day to allow yourself some flexibility?

Last- if this whole thing is the product of having your calories set at the absolute minimum because you are in a race to lose the weight, consider changing your approach.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    @dawnvte Dawn coming here is good but you should find something like tops or weight watchers it's good to have live people who understand what we are going through. Tops is all over the world and reasonably priced. Think about it. And you will make live friends that have the same problem as you.
  • dawnvte
    dawnvte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we don't have either tops or weight watchers here. I live in a very rural area where they're almost a hour drive to get to. I love this state but, sometimes, it's a complete pain to live in. lol
    No, I'm not losing weight. I've been thrown on beta blockers and which makes the whole process that much harder. I've actually gained 10 pounds since I been on them. They're a double edge sword; fix the problem short term but doesn't solve a long term problem.
    I ended up starting with a clean slate and NOT borrowing from the next 2 weeks calories. I want to look good next summer and that's certainly not the right approach. Have a new Fitbit and a treadmill coming for those winter months where it's too cold to go outside to walk so hopefully that'll help and it won't become a dust collector. lol
    Thanks for all the advise everyone...certainly appreciate it. =)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    All the exercise won't outpace too much food.

Are you logging everything? Try logging it beforehand. Another thing that was really helpful for me was identifying why I was eating, so I would sit at the computer and type out why/what was going on in my head, that was causing me to want to eat when I didn't need the calories. I had to get myself to the point that my health and being a healthy weight was more important than pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

It's a process. I had to change a lot of internal scripts. Bored? Eat. Mad? Eat. Frustrated? Eat. I ate "at" negative emotions. So I really had to work at other ways to cope with negative emotions. There is a lot of info online and lots of books about Cognitive Behavior Therapy, which aims to make people aware of the thoughts they are having and helps to reframe them before the behavior happens.

Distraction is always good.

You can do this. Lots of habits to break. Keep searching.
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me @dawnvte .
    I may not be in the same situation, but having a cheerleader or someone to vent to can sometimes help.
    Good luck!