going through some difficult times...

Options
so. at the moment i weigh 87.4kg. i started my journey from 95kg in august. suddenly i'm not losing any weight anymore?? i'm still eating healthy foods and i go to the gym twice a week + i go for walks/jogs 2-4 times a week. my weight won't move! it's been like this for two weeks! my goal is to lose 1kg a week so i'd be at my goal weight in the summer (55kg).... but it's getting so hard and i'm starting to lose motivation. i want to be healthy and i want to be skinny but i feel like giving up :-/ it's so hard to do this when i feel like i'm just gonna end up being disappointed and fall back to my old habits...

should i start taking cheat days only twice a month? or less? if that's the problem i'm willing to do it.

(sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language haha)

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Rethink. 1 kg per week all the way to your goal is unlikely to happen. You don’t say, do you keep a food diary? Do you use a food scale? As pointed out, weight loss happens as a result of a calorie deficit.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    1 kg is a bit unrealistic. At the start, when you weigh more, it’s pretty easy to achieve 1 kg a week but the closer you get to your goal the harder it’s gonna be. You may want to adjust your expectations.

That said, you should still be losing even if you aren’t losing as much as you want. You say you are eating healthy - do you count your calories? Even eating healthy you can over eat. As for whether or not you should decrease your chest days, that depends one what your chest days look like. You could easily be undoing a whole week’s work with an out of control chest day.
  • tanyanie11
    tanyanie11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Rethink. 1 kg per week all the way to your goal is unlikely to happen. You don’t say, do you keep a food diary? Do you use a food scale? As pointed out, weight loss happens as a result of a calorie deficit.

i keep a food diary and i've been eating less than 1200 calories a day :-/
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use tools to keep me going like my fit bit and the gym. I also allow myself a cheat meal or cheat day once a week. I don't like to eat less than 1200 calories a day. If you start making small changes you may get your mind in the game a bit stronger.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think you need to be easier on yourself. I would recommend upping your calories, especially of you're fairly active. I think it's really hard to be satisfied on 1200 calories or less, and that makes it difficult to keep this endeavor alive for more than a few weeks. Maybe aim for a smaller loss? Over time you'll reach your goal and keep your motivation to continue.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    If you eat under 1200 a day .. I'd say try and increase your calories and eat more.. and add a cheat meal every week.. see what happens.

I, myself, have eaten a free meal on the weekend the entire time I've reduced. But, I never binged as in eating a whole pizza or gallon of ice cream. Just a meal out with my husband to take a break.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Food scale?