Got 100+lbs to lose and a life to gain

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lauren from SC. I’m 5’4” and 314lbs. My ultimate goal is just to be healthy and more active but since I had to put a number on it I’m shooting for 180 lbs. I’ve been on and off MFP for several years but this is my first time using the community. I’m hoping finding friends with similar goals will help reach my goal. Please feel free to add me and good luck to everyone one their journey! :)

Replies

• k5jackie
    k5jackie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you kayak?!?!? I’m losing weight with that as my goal!!!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Join a few challenges. It will really help you stay accountable and I have learned so much! Best wishes to you. I am confident that with logging, using community and enjoying your favorite challenges, you will reach 180 in due time in a healthy and fun way!
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've lost over 109. And I started our heavier than you are now. I just sent you a friend request and others are welcome to add me too if they would like. I have an open diary and post frequently. Good luck on your journey!!
  • mc460
    mc460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my end goal is losing 90lbs to put myself at a healthy weight!
    I'm currently aiming to lose 50lbs to get back into the 'overweight' category, I know it doesn't sound like much of an achievement but I'm currently in stage 2 obesity so 😫
    Getting married next year and aiming to have lost 50lbs and keep off for then.
  • Sexyvivi85
    Sexyvivi85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it....
  • lepeeples
    lepeeples Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    k5jackie wrote: »
    Do you kayak?!?!? I’m losing weight with that as my goal!!!

My mom has kayaks. I’ve really enjoyed it. This photo is from 4th of July when I could only handle about 30 minutes before my back and hips were killing me. Fat butt didn’t fit well :D I’m using it as a reminder of the limitations caused by my weight.

• lepeeples
    Options
    mc460 wrote: »
    Hi my end goal is losing 90lbs to put myself at a healthy weight!
    I'm currently aiming to lose 50lbs to get back into the 'overweight' category, I know it doesn't sound like much of an achievement but I'm currently in stage 2 obesity so 😫
    Getting married next year and aiming to have lost 50lbs and keep off for then.

Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you well and many happy healthy years.
  • sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started at 332 and am down to 288. It is not easy and it is not fast. But it can be done. Just be patient, understanding, and honest with yourself along the process.
  • FabFitMe2018
    FabFitMe2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off mfp for years but I'm at my highest 298. Would love to make a few friends who have the same goals 😊
  • taa428
    taa428 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, you can do it! I started at 270 and have lost 70 so far. It has been a long journey but worth it. What is you strategy for losing the weight?
  • lepeeples
    Options
    taa428 wrote: »
    Good luck on your journey, you can do it! I started at 270 and have lost 70 so far. It has been a long journey but worth it. What is you strategy for losing the weight?

I’m trying to stay under 1800 cal right now and pay attention to my macros. Starting at 30% carbs 35% fat 35% protein. I figure once I adjust to this I can tweak to find what best helps me lose weight. I’m having trouble staying low card and eating enough protein.