Help with Intermittent fasting

Options
Hi Guys!
I'm new to the app and I have just started IF 16:8. I wanted some advice on what excercises I should do to increase fat loss? I'm currently 5"4 and 170 pounds. Thank You 😊

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,740 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :)
  • Kar1us
    Kar1us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started IF 16:8 six months ago. Found helpful info like: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide. I realized how much control I have over eating, that a little hunger is no big deal (and it soon passes), and made healthier low-carb choices. I feel confident that the 14 lbs. I lost will stay off this time because I gradually changed habits. My fat loss is due to calorie reduction I think, but muscle tone helps metabolism burn fat too. I built up a list of basic exercises I don’t home 4 times a week. Now my weight is approaching my target I want to add more vigorous strengthening exercises for long term fitness so I would like advice too. I guess it’s either buy heavier dumbbells or join a gym.
  • bmaw01
    bmaw01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Prep your meals in advance. I like to prep on Sunday. Takes me about 4 houros. I've bought food prep containers on Amazon. They have 2 compartments for veggies/carbs, 1 big one for protein. PREP EVERYTHING, I do my snacks as well. I make 6 taril mix baggis. 2 squares 85% dark choco, 28g almond mix. I even have my vitamins set up for the week as well. The only thing I do day to day are my shakes. 1 green smoothie that I take to work, 1 protein that I put in the fridge for the night. That is my last drink plus a Quest chocochip cookie. Then it's 16/8 or 18/6. Depends on the day.

Finally, get rid of every temptation in your house. No processed foods at all.