Breakfast

Options
Does protein and fat for breakfast trump carbs while trying to loose fat and what ilare examples of breakfast with fat and protein that can be ate cold

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you feel satisfied and helps you stick your calories.

I’ve been on a protein coffee kick here recently.
    There have been periods where I ate just oatmeal for breakfast.
    Sometimes it’s an egg paired with avocado toast and jalapeño jelly.
    It really just depends.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It seems that if I eat breakfast I get hungrier earlier. It’s like it gets the mind cued up for food. If I don’t have anything other
    than coffee, I’m fine until 10:00 or close to that.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs can be eaten cold. Boil several up ahead of time, grab, shell and eat.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    When do you workout? I usually work out in the morning. I like a breakfast of carbs for energy and protein for faster recovery. Otherwise, I eat something pretty light if I'm not working out.
  • lucym0802
    lucym0802 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I usually eat protein oats for breakfast daily with half a banana and my protein 0 cal butterscotch syrup about 300 cal very filling but it's not amazing cold and I tend to workout at 11am or 4pm can't train in the morning and boiled eggs are good but I have to eat on the train or just before lectures so not welcomed by my company haha
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have to have a lot of protein and a good amount of food as a first meal.

I don't discriminate between "breakfast foods" and other food. Yesterday I had shrimp and grits with a big salad for my first meal at 6AM and a homemade egg mcmuffin type thing with hashbrowns for my last meal at 4PM.

Good thing about being an adult is you can eat what you want when you feel like it. Spaghetti for breakfast? Why, yes please. Waffles and eggs for dinner? Sounds good!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    There’s no such thing as what you “should” eat at breakfast. Weight loss happens when you eat fewer calories than your body burns. It doesn’t matter what foods or macros those calories come from. Macros are important for health and satiety but are not directly relevant for weight loss. You can get your macros at any meal. Some people recommend protein and fat for breakfast simply because these things help many people feel full, not because they have special weight loss properties. There is no reason why you have to eat protein and fat for breakfast unless you like the food or the way it makes you feel.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lucym0802 wrote: »
    Does protein and fat for breakfast trump carbs while trying to loose fat and what ilare examples of breakfast with fat and protein that can be ate cold

Nope, eat whatever you like for breakfast that fits your calories and macros.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Cereal, bread, or oatmeal dont fill me up at all. Eggs and potatoes fill me up so that is what I eat. Sometimes I dont eat breakfast and save the calories for lunch when i am most hungry. I like to have larger meals. I am at 1400 calories and I rather have a meal that is 700 calories. Sometimes that large meal is breakfast, but then I will skip lunch and have dinner.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm not satisfied if I don't have carbs at breakfast.