"If it tastes good, spit it out."

Options
That's a line from fitness guru Jack Lallane! I laughed when I read it and yet it really resonated with me. What are some other old school quotes and Idioms about weight loss. I'm thinking "A moment on the lips forever on the hips." Sort of stuff. No need for political correctness, lets hear what you've got!

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    "Go you Chicken Fat Go".

I can actually sing much of the song from the early 60's by Robert Preston.https://youtube.com/watch?v=EFofqe26t-4

I had a total childhood flashback when Apple used it in an ad for their health app on iphones.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    "Go you Chicken Fat Go".

I can actually sing much of the song from the early 60's by Robert Preston.https://youtube.com/watch?v=EFofqe26t-4

I had a total childhood flashback when Apple used it in an ad for their health app on iphones.

We used to exercise to that song when I was in elementary school (I think 2nd or 3rd grade)!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    "Go you Chicken Fat Go".

We used to exercise to that song when I was in elementary school (I think 2nd or 3rd grade)!

That is why I know it so well. Doesn't help that my Mom was the Jr, High gym teacher so not only did she have the students exercise to it but she kept the record when she retired and played it at home on occasion.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    "If your grandmother can't pronounce the ingredients, don't eat it ... " or variations of that like "if your grandmother doesn't know what the ingredient is ... ", and then when "they" discovered that grandmothers were smarter than they figured ... "if your child can't pronounce the ingredients ..."

So if the ingredients of my pre-workout sound like they could be used as lightsaber fuel that's a bad thing?

Only to some!!

The rest of us know better or don't care. :)

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    "If your grandmother can't pronounce the ingredients, don't eat it ... " or variations of that like "if your grandmother doesn't know what the ingredient is ... ", and then when "they" discovered that grandmothers were smarter than they figured ... "if your child can't pronounce the ingredients ..."

my grandma cant say 'courgette' properly...
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Wow, interesting!!!!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    That's a line from fitness guru Jack Lallane! I laughed when I read it and yet it really resonated with me. What are some other old school quotes and Idioms about weight loss. I'm thinking "A moment on the lips forever on the hips." Sort of stuff. No need for political correctness, lets hear what you've got!

'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'

kill me now...

That's the one I was thinking of too, haha. I remember it being a big deal when she said that.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it was a saying but there was a thing where people were not supposed to eat white foods.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner.

To lengthen your life, shorten your meals.
  • thegreatcoyote
    thegreatcoyote Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sweat is fat crying

I like it!