Does Apple Watch ever have syncing issues?

Options
I'm switching from FitBit Charge2 to Apple Watch here in a few weeks. The main reasons are for things other than syncing issues but I'm definitely tired of all the FitBit sync issues that seem to occur with MFP.

Just wondering if I can expect these issues with an Apple Watch as well? I'm guessing that they sync directly off the device to the app so probably not, but just want to know in advance if I can expect the same occasional issue with the new hardware as well.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum section. I couldn't find a better one and there was already tracker related questions in here.

Replies

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just purchased an Apple Watch and use the information it gives me for my energy expenditure. I use MFP to log my food. Today (so far) I did 13,600 steps plus a workout. MFP gave me 55 exercise calories. Apple Watch gives you a breakdown of your daily activity. Among the information it conveys is Active Energy and Resting Energy. It keeps track of steps too, but that is included in your active energy. What I do is add my Active Energy and my Resting Energy numbers. Together they represent my total energy expenditure.
    Then I take my food calories and subtract it from that total. For example, so far today Apple Watch says I have 600 Active Energy (calories) and 1091 Resting Energy (calories). The total is 1691. I subtract my food, which right now is 930 calories. I have 761 calories to eat to maintain. Naturally I want a deficit, so I will probably eat accordingly. I love it. I feel it's accurate based on my heart rate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    They all have syncing issues from time to time.
  • djjanglz
    djjanglz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do u have to enter excercie manually??? My Apple Watch doesn’t sync at all
  • flyinion
    flyinion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Don't know why I didn't think of it before but just Google'd for info on syncing a Watch to MFP and realized MFP actually has a Watch app that will install itself and pull the data down. I know there's occasionally sync issues in general between the app the the MFP servers but at least it sounds like I don't have to deal with two totally different services not talking to each other. That will be a nice change.
  • OTFOMOgirl
    OTFOMOgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to have Apple Watch. I switch back to Fitbit. If you plan using the Apple Watch for more than fitness it will be a great fit. I on the other hand felt I wasted my money because all I did was used the fitness part.