Trouble with connecting to Garmin Connect?

Options
Hi everyone. I’ve been trying for months to connect MyFitnessPal app to Garmin Connect, it always says it’s connected then its syncing information but it just stays on that page for ages and doesn’t say it’s synced or connected when I check back on the app. Any help would be much appreciated...

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I remember setting mine up and I had to connect in both apps. Set it up in MFP and in Garmin.
  • redhotbeads
    redhotbeads Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read to set it up and connect it in the Garmin software. I gave up on mine - while it connected OK, the heart rate was for absolute crap. Not at all accurate.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Try disconnecting it on both sides, then doing from GC and then from web version of MFP.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It may be that Garmin isn't kicking back a usable error message to help.

Like Fitbit will report if attempting to sync with an MFP account that already has a Fitbit account synced to it.

So think back if you had a different GC account, synced to your same MFP account.

Or vice-versa, could you have another MFP account that synced with your GC account prior?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. The fix is to go into the Garmin Connect settings and specifically add MyFitnessPal as a third party app to allow access, then sync the accounts. An internet search can provide the steps to take to make that happen. Good luck!!!
  • melwifemommy
    melwifemommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just went from my Connect app to MFP in the calorie category to log calories and it pushed my activity into the diary for today. Hope that helps!
  • melwifemommy
    melwifemommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Found out a little more. Once both apps are synced you have to log into desktop mfp. Click on apps then on blue bar "steps" and choose Garmin as your source. Done! Worked immediately for me.