Has anyone had any success with the NerdFitness beginner body weight workout?

Options
Hey there, I am looking for a bodyweight program and found this one on the recommend post. The thing is, looking at it, it looks so simple and just don't know if it's that effective... Does anyone have any experience with this program?
Thanks

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Its something to get you started. I always recommend kettlebells for home fitness along with pushups and pullups.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Nerdfitness routine.
    I liked it because it was basic but well rounded.
    It, along with a HasFit routine, were my build ups to starting a lifting programme (AllPro).

Now it is my fallback programme when I am travelling, or just can't get to the gym. It is easy to add to, or just squeeze in one basic set no matter where I am.

It is usually my recommendation for someone who is a beginner and looking to progress.

And yes, I saw big improvements in both strength and body composition as it was my intro to strength training.
    (A person with more experience probably wouldn't see the same improvements)

Cheers, h.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Icy_Fox wrote: »
    Hey there, I am looking for a bodyweight program and found this one on the recommend post. The thing is, looking at it, it looks so simple and just don't know if it's that effective... Does anyone have any experience with this program?
    Thanks

It's only intended to get you started...it's not a long term thing. For anything to be effective, it has to be progressive. I started with that program after having done basically nothing fitness wise for year...it got my muscles used to body weight exercise...I have since gone on to bigger and better things. It's not a long term solution to anything...it's just a get started kind of thing.

Also, exercise doesn't have to be all complicated to be effective...one of the most effective programs I've ever run was Starting Strength...3 simple compound movements per workout and that's it...I saw linear strength gains with that program for about 6 months, and it's very simple. More isn't always better.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    It's what I started on (at the age of 60)before going on to stronglifts. It's a good starting point. Recently I've had to go back to it because of an injury and it's helped me to retain my strength