Binge Bust Cycle after a Flawless Year

Options
So I have been doing everything right for a year now. I have maintained my calorie goals, regularly exercised and lost 82 lbs. However, since the past 3 months, I have started suffering from a binge bust cycle. The thing is, I plateaued 3 months ago with 30lbs still to go to reach my ideal weight. So I ended up increasing the intensity of the exercise. But that made my hunger grow really bad. I was actually hungry and not thirsty or just wanting to munch. I tried not to for a few days but then ended up bingeing the next few days. The result was that I lost all my gains.
I tried it again, the same result. So I decided to up the calorie intake a little so I wouldn't end up bingeing. But that caused me to not lose weight. So I thought maybe I would lose inches or body fat instead of weight. So I tried to continue this for another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of this, absolutely nothing had changed.
I tried various combinations but they either result in a plateau of lead to a binge-bust cycle.
I don't know but maybe I am exhausted after a year of discipline. Plus not seeing results is really getting me down. I know the only way to do this is to increase my workout intensity and maintain my calorie intake. But that seems near impossible right now. I know things get hard as one reaches their ideal weight, but this is getting really preposterous. I think I just need fresh motivation that isn't coming from my rotten brain. Please, Help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sounds like a diet break and a step away from your weight loss goals might help?

Choose a fitness goal to focus on for a while and pick up a deficit in the new year maybe?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    They say when this happens to just eat at maintenance for awhile. Your body does get tired.
  • Demander2015
    Demander2015 Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yeah, Samantha32, I guess I will try that. Plus with the holidays coming up, I guess maintenance itself will be a challenge.
  • Demander2015
    Demander2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a diet break and a step away from your weight loss goals might help?

Choose a fitness goal to focus on for a while and pick up a deficit in the new year maybe?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks

Thanks for the thread link Travistock. I had been doing fasting cardio prior to this that had really helped me lose a lot of body fat in the two months before this craziness started. I actually have entered the highest range of normal body fat for the first time. After reading the linked thread and more linked info in the thread, I am more and more convinced that a diet break might actually be long overdue and warranted. Last to last year, after 6 months of doing everything right, I had ended up in a two-week plateau. But then I took a vacation for a month and got back to my schedule and found that everything was on track again. That might have acted as a diet break which might have helped me break my plateau. I shall try and see how this works. Thank you.