Meeting calorie count, clean eating, OMAD

Options
MacyNati
MacyNati Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I'm supposed to be eating 1200 calories per day, and am also doing OMAD. I'm not willing to give up OMAD because I feel best when doing it, but I'd love some recipe ideas for foods that are about 1200 calories that I can eat in an hour. I find it hard to eat healthy because healthy things tend to be low calorie and I am unable to reach my calorie count. Then in order to reach my calorie count, I often have to fit in higher calorie (less healthy) foods. Any ideas on how to keep eating clean but reach my calorie count?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i could do 1200 pretty easy with a bowl of farro and some chicken - 100g raw farro is about 350g - so some like 150-175g of that; add in some chicken and some fiberous veggies and voila
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    This website lets you get menu ideas for a given number of meals and calories, with options for vegan, keto friendly, etc. I use it from time to time if I want to look for something new. The 'default' for 1 meal seems to go to breakfast if you don't have a login, but I think you get more options with an account.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've done omad in the past.
    Try adding a sweet potato
    A bit of cheese or nuts such as almonds or cashews.
    Glass of milk
    Avocado
    Rice
    Small bit of Butter
  • cyrini
    cyrini Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i could do 1200 pretty easy with a bowl of farro and some chicken - 100g raw farro is about 350g - so some like 150-175g of that; add in some chicken and some fiberous veggies and voila

Tacos are my goto, I've been doing omad for months tacos are your friend for hitting your macros and still feel like your eating naughty food.