Almost down 30, when do I see the difference?

Options
Hey all! Started my fitness journey 2 months ago at 312 now am down almost 30 pounds! I was just wondering if anyone else has struggled with seeing a difference in their body? I get compliments often from my friends and husband saying they can see the difference but I have had no change in size or see a change yet. I know I have a ways to go to get where I need to be but thought I would see some results other than just the difference on the scale.

Replies

• Thunder1
    Thunder1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m having the exact opposite I am down 25 . I notice in my clothes yet no one outside of immediate family has noticed any change... frustrating
  • Kristynwilliams18
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    It's because you have alot of weight to lose, I know because I was 300 and went down 50 and it didn't seem like I lost at all though the measuring tape said otherwise.

It was only when I went below obesity was when I noticed dramatic difference even when I only lost ten pounds.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Take pictures to compare. You see yourself everyday and it takes a while for your brain to catch up with your body, but the pictures are more noticeable.
  • Colleen_1168
    Colleen_1168 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that said to take pictures. I started a little over 3 months ago at 256. I am down to 222! I have been working with a personal trainer and am just starting to "see" the results in the mirror but CANNOT DENY the pictures (and measurements) my trainer has taken. My clothes began feeling loose right away and now I am looking to get new (very cheapo) work out stuff because my pants are about to fall down! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • melnthom1
    melnthom1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have lost a total of 30 pounds, I was 238 and am down to 208. I have not had a reduction in pants size either. I do feel like my shirts are a bit looser. It is discouraging. Although others had noticed my weight loss, I did notice myself until a friend of mine showed me a selfie pic that I took a long time ago versus one that I took recently. I can definitely see the difference in my face. Either way, be excited about the fact that others are noticing how fabulous you look and don't put too much stock in your clothes. I used to have to squeeze into my jeans and now they just fit so no change in size, but a change in my comfort level in my clothes will have to be enough. Let it be enough for you as well and keep on moving toward your goal. You will get there!
  • Niccygetsfit
    Niccygetsfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes! Im the same.. down approx 30 pounds and i cannot see or feel a difference.. but i just keep going and hopefully one day i will see it.. im waiting to loose a bit more though and i will go clothes shopping to see if i have dropped a size.. or two 😉
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You’re very close! I’d say between 35-40 pound mark. That’s an amazing achievement!
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You might have to look for other changes for now. We look at ourselves every day so it's hard to notice the small changes in the mirror. Do your clothes feel better though you're the same size? Have you taken measurements? Maybe have your friends/family take pictures for you every month or a few weeks apart? Your brain will catch up and you're right: just keep going. 😊
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Did you take starting measurements and pics? That’s where you’ll see the difference! We don’t perceive ourselves accurately in the mirror.
  • quintessence84
    quintessence84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thunder1 wrote: »
    I’m having the exact opposite I am down 25 . I notice in my clothes yet no one outside of immediate family has noticed any change... frustrating

Just because they haven't said anything, doesn't mean they don't notice. A lot of people don't know how to broach that subject or they think they'll offend you, especially if they aren't close to you. But I guarantee, they notice.