New to lifting

Options
I’m 20 years old just starting off taken care of my body but I need some help on nutrition, I want to build lean muscle and I know what you eat is a big part of it. If anyone can give me some tips on maybe what they eat throughout the day so I can get a idea that would be helpful. Thanks!

Replies

• RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    You can eat what you want, just hit your macro goals. But for ideas, here's mostly what I eat.

For protiens, I like boiled eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, lean ground beef, sirloin steaks, chicken, jerky, salmon, cottage cheese, and of course, protien shakes made with almond milk or dairy milk.

For fats, almonds, whole eggs, peanut butter, coconut oil for cooking, regular yogurt, avocados & guac and of course the fats in the meats esp fish.

For carbs, brown rice, whole wheat bread, ezekiel bread, sweet potatoes, sweet potato chips...also, fruits and veggies, take your pick on what you like they're all pretty good for you.

If you've got the money or are an angler/hunter, wild trout, bison, venison, elk, pheasant, duck etc. are all awesome.

This definitely isnt a comprehensive list, just some ideas. You'll get the hang of it.
  • Lukasz_Czep
    Lukasz_Czep Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you lots of info going to keep that in mind
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Muscle is muscle, there isn't a lean version. The fastest way to gain muscle is a bulk, you will gain weight, some of that weight won't be muscle, that's just how it works. Sounds like you want to minimize the fat gains, which means gain slowly. The good news is your 20 years old, if you also happen to be male, that's even better.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    You could also say F@©K all and do a dirty bulk where you lift heavy and just shove as much food down your throat as possible and the only macro you care to track is protien. It's quite fun. I wouldnt reccomend it, but it is fun. Until it's cutting time and you realize you gained 2lbs of fat for every 1lb if muscle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are your stats? What lifting program are you even following? Do you know how many calories you are even eating?