My New Favorite-Shirataki Pasta Zero Noodles!

Options
I absolutely LOVE these noodles. I’m not doing Keto but I do “watch” my carb intake & was using zucchini noodles but came across these & cant get enough of them. 1 serving, I usually do 2, is only 15 calories
(0 fat, 0 sugar, 4g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber, 1g of protein). They kinda have the consistency of glass noodles with basically no taste but they do hold sauce well & absorb whatever you put on them. I’ve used them in so many different ways & it has really given me so many new options to get out of the “same ol dish” rut. If you do use them, the package says to parboil them; I just empty them into a strainer, pan fry them in a skillet, & add them to whatever I want-sauces, stir fry, casseroles.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I have never boiled them but you do need to rinse them very well.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've found is they don't freeze well. I used some in a soup I made and froze in individual portions. They dehydrated/got really weird after being frozen.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    tried to like these, rinsed them boiled them everything. Can't get past the consistency and smell. I been doing spaghetti squash for my pasta sauces.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can only stomach them if I put them in a soup (like a pho type soup). Tried it as a pasta dish one time and barely finished them (had already tracked the meal haha)
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Everything old is new again.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I really like them if I dry fry them before use. Doing that entirely changes the consistency and makes them delicious. And I like them best in Asian recipes. They don't seem to go well with Italian-style pasta dishes.
  • PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    GeauxL wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE these noodles. I’m not doing Keto but I do “watch” my carb intake & was using zucchini noodles but came across these & cant get enough of them. 1 serving, I usually do 2, is only 15 calories
    (0 fat, 0 sugar, 4g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber, 1g of protein). They kinda have the consistency of glass noodles with basically no taste but they do hold sauce well & absorb whatever you put on them. I’ve used them in so many different ways & it has really given me so many new options to get out of the “same ol dish” rut. If you do use them, the package says to parboil them; I just empty them into a strainer, pan fry them in a skillet, & add them to whatever I want-sauces, stir fry, casseroles.

Is this from walmart
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Is this from walmart

You can literally buy them everywhere and anywhere including most online stores like amazon. :smile:

• PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Is this from walmart

You can literally buy them everywhere and anywhere including most online stores like amazon. :smile:

Sooo walmart lol??
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I’ve been trying to do the low carb thing.
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Love these! I started to get them at the local Asian market, then started finding them at the local supermarket. The package says not to freeze them, which is probably why you had that experience @mom23mangos .

I’m trying to find the elusive penne version to try to make Mac and cheese. Right now I’m making some sous vide curry chicken and I’ll then mix it with some noodles for lunch tomorrow (I’m smoking ribs for tonight).