2»

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Sounds totally bogus. I used to do Weight Watchers too..worked at first for me. But I just couldn't keep up with all the points BS...don't know why counting calories and exercise is easier but it works better for me. I was on the old system too. I just don't under stand the new points system with WW.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My best friends co-worker is using that, Sensa I believe. She said it works for her and she's lost about 15 lbs so far. I'm on the Phentramine/Prozac diet. It's the lastest craze in Dallas, several of my friends are on it and they have lost a ton of weight. I just started so fingers crossed!

I hope you are joking....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I should start up my own weight loss company. I'll call it "Sleep the pounds off". The kit will come with sleeping pills, After every meal take a sleeping pill. Guaranteed that you lose weight because you can't sleep and eat at the same time! Screw the side effects, as long as you lose weight it'll make millions.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OMFG....seriously?? That's quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of....are you sprinkling crack on your food?? Cuz that will probably give you less of an appetite for sure.

LOL Yup cocaine sprinkles. Or Meth flakes :laugh: :laugh:

Meth Flakes...I love it!

AND you lose your teeth which makes eating even more difficult.

MMM Meth Mouth. Sexy new look for 2012!

Meth flakes! The new weight loss craze sweeping the nation! Simply sprinkle Meth Flakes on all of your food substences and POOF! You'll have that sexy Lindsay Lohan or Courney Love look in no time!

Side effects include: Paranoia, Stealing from loved ones, loss of employment, loss of teeth, homelessness, delusions of grandeur, and wearing of foil hats to prevent aliens from reading your thoughts.

BUT YOU WILL BE THIN!!!!

BUY today from your local "rough" neighborhood corner street pharmacist!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    My best friends co-worker is using that, Sensa I believe. She said it works for her and she's lost about 15 lbs so far. I'm on the Phentramine/Prozac diet. It's the lastest craze in Dallas, several of my friends are on it and they have lost a ton of weight. I just started so fingers crossed!
    I'm sure if your kid wanted to lose weight you would recommend this..............
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I should start up my own weight loss company. I'll call it "Sleep the pounds off". The kit will come with sleeping pills, After every meal take a sleeping pill. Guaranteed that you lose weight because you can't sleep and eat at the same time! Screw the side effects, as long as you lose weight it'll make millions.

Nice! Sign me up! I love to sleep! LOL! :laugh:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will admit, I did weight watchers (old program, not this new momentum points plus nonsense) , and I seriously thought about Nutrisystem, but I am not rich sooo thats out too lol.

then I see this sprinkle diet? sprinkle either a sweet or savory sprinkles on your food and you eat less. they are tasteless... so what gives? Whats the secret? i am thinking its placebo effect... but anyone have info?

What makes you think the new weight wtachers system is nonsense? I would be interested to know. xx

I had sucess with the old program. Good ol fiber, calories and fat. But then they threw the rest into the mix (which granted a lot of people needed to watch) They tweaked it so people couldnt pig out on low cal high fiber foods for next to nothing in points. Then said that veggies and fruit are free. I think that the new way is set up for failure. For me, personally. But I am glad to see it working for everyone else on it!! It just didnt work for me the second time around.

I see it's flaws too, mainly on a weekly bonus 48 or so points, you better be burning 500+ cals a day to warrant that kind of pigging out!

The only low-cal high fiber foods are veggies so that’s not a problem.

My favourite day at 1200 cals is 19 WW Points or 22 Pt's plus which would be under eating (since 29 is the min) and that bugs me. It's hard to stick to 1200-1400 cal days but keeping carbs at a healthy level, ideally 100-120 net carbs.

Ps: say no to the sprinkle junk, it's just marketing garbage.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I smell a troll..
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    I did the old WW and lost 17 lbs with no problem.. This new diet just was hard for me to follow for some strange reason and I had alot of points 29 which i had trouble eating.. But it works several of my friends are on it now and look great losing weight at a good pace.. Just didnt work for me. I really just need the will power I have the want and the medical conditions to warrent aweightloss im just a stress eater sooo i have to adjust that... I lost 3lbs my first week>> hoping to lose at least 2 on the second week..
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Ok, I will admit, I did weight watchers (old program, not this new momentum points plus nonsense) , and I seriously thought about Nutrisystem, but I am not rich sooo thats out too lol.

then I see this sprinkle diet? sprinkle either a sweet or savory sprinkles on your food and you eat less. they are tasteless... so what gives? Whats the secret? i am thinking its placebo effect... but anyone have info?

What makes you think the new weight wtachers system is nonsense? I would be interested to know. xx

I have to agree with the "nonsense" comment on the new WW program. I did WW successfully for 5 years. Then when they went to the Point Plus program, I started gaining and gaining fast. The reason? Fruit was "free". The new plan did not work for me because I eat a LOT of fruit. I love fruit but let's face it..........just because you CAN eat half a watermelon and call it "free" pointswise, doesn't mean you should! Watermelon has calories. Bananas have calories. When I joined MFP, I initially tracked my points on WW and my caloires on MFP to compare. That was a BIG eye opener for me because I was just plain eating too much on WW. I'm not saying that WW doesn't work for everyone, but for a bigtime fruit eater like me......it certainly did. Besides, the MFP food tracker website is way more expansive and easier to use than the WW online tracker was. And even better......it doesn't cost anything. Since joining MFP, I've lost 14 lbs in 50 days. That's more weight that I've been able to lose on WW in over a year!
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the Phentermine/Prozac combo is real.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I have to agree with the "nonsense" comment on the new WW program. I did WW successfully for 5 years. Then when they went to the Point Plus program, I started gaining and gaining fast. The reason? Fruit was "free". The new plan did not work for me because I eat a LOT of fruit. I love fruit but let's face it..........just because you CAN eat half a watermelon and call it "free" pointswise, doesn't mean you should! Watermelon has calories. Bananas have calories. When I joined MFP, I initially tracked my points on WW and my caloires on MFP to compare. That was a BIG eye opener for me because I was just plain eating too much on WW. I'm not saying that WW doesn't work for everyone, but for a bigtime fruit eater like me......it certainly did. Besides, the MFP food tracker website is way more expansive and easier to use than the WW online tracker was. And even better......it doesn't cost anything. Since joining MFP, I've lost 14 lbs in 50 days. That's more weight that I've been able to lose on WW in over a year!

Thats exactly why i didnt like the change. It lead me to eat cans of green beans for lunch and a pound of strawberries throughout the day, just to justify eating a bowl of ice cream. I KNOW I wasnt supposed to do it.. but the 20 points swinging in my face caused me to think hmmmm what can I stuff myself with for all that!!!
    I am making much healthier choices on MFP and saving 17 whatever a month. :)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options

Thats SCARY. I can only imagine what damage its doing to the heart alone! Upper and downers mixed. No thanks. I am taking an antidepressant and a mood stabilizer.. It has caused me to gain some weight, but I am fighting back against it. I would rather be fat and a sane person than skinny and crazy!

Phentermine is nothing to play around with. If you don't have serious weight to lose, then you shouldnt be taking it. Especially mixing it with Prozac.. goodness. Thats just stupid.
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options

Thats SCARY. I can only imagine what damage its doing to the heart alone! Upper and downers mixed. No thanks. I am taking an antidepressant and a mood stabilizer.. It has caused me to gain some weight, but I am fighting back against it. I would rather be fat and a sane person than skinny and crazy!

Phentermine is nothing to play around with. If you don't have serious weight to lose, then you shouldnt be taking it. Especially mixing it with Prozac.. goodness. Thats just stupid.

Are you bipolar? I am-they won't put me on an anti-depressant, though. So I'm just on mood stabilizers, anti anxiety stuff and anti psychotics. Seroquel to be specific, and man is that a weight gainer. Certainly helped put me in the position I'm in now. But it's alright, I love MFP, and it's really eye opening to see what I'm really eating.

I was on WW, too-but I quit losing when they switched over to the new program. I could eat fruit alllll day long. So I think I'm doing better here, because I'm actually holding myself accountable for what I'm eating, I can see it.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Meth flakes! The new weight loss craze sweeping the nation! Simply sprinkle Meth Flakes on all of your food substences and POOF! You'll have that sexy Lindsay Lohan or Courney Love look in no time!

Side effects include: Paranoia, Stealing from loved ones, loss of employment, loss of teeth, homelessness, delusions of grandeur, and wearing of foil hats to prevent aliens from reading your thoughts.

BUT YOU WILL BE THIN!!!!

I had to do it...

MF.png
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options

BUT YOU WILL BE THIN!!!!

I had to do it...

MF.png
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG! That is perfect! At least Micheal Phelps will have a sponser again!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options

Are you bipolar? I am-they won't put me on an anti-depressant, though. So I'm just on mood stabilizers, anti anxiety stuff and anti psychotics. Seroquel to be specific, and man is that a weight gainer. Certainly helped put me in the position I'm in now. But it's alright, I love MFP, and it's really eye opening to see what I'm really eating.

I was on WW, too-but I quit losing when they switched over to the new program. I could eat fruit alllll day long. So I think I'm doing better here, because I'm actually holding myself accountable for what I'm eating, I can see it.

I am not full on bi polar, but I am close. And they do have my on Seroquel as well. I am determined to fight this weight gain side effect to the fullest! I feel great with the seroquel (I am also taking Pristiq). It is EXPENSIVE to take (the seroquel) But I am afraid to try and take anything else.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    After every meal take a sleeping pill. Guaranteed that you lose weight because you can't sleep and eat at the same time!
    Great idea. I think you need to take the sleeping pill before meals though, not after. You may not be able to eat in your sleep, but you can certainly digest! :bigsmile:
  • hitmygoalin10weeks
    Options

What is the Phentermine/Prozac diet????