Globo Gym - August Challenge Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options
Globo Gym!!!

We are halfway through this challenge. You are doing a fantastic job. Stay motivated and stay strong through this week's challenge. It is going to be more challenging than week 2. I can only wonder what week 4 will hold, but lets focus on this week and get it in!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Team Challenge:

4000 Crunches!!! With that being said, lets shoot for 200-400 per team member for the week. I know we may all not be able to do crunches but do as many as you can and push yourself harder each day.

Email me your weigh in for Week 3.

Good luck to us all.

Replies

• amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ohhh looking forward to this. I <3 crunches!!!!!!!!!!
  • MissWait
    MissWait Posts: 160
    Options
    Whoa! Week 3 looking like a good one :laugh:

I'm done for Monday + plus my 36 crunches, I'll try for 50 tomorrow!
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    agree Amanda. Love the crunches.

well i clocked up 50 tonight :)

completed day 1
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i excited about this week...good luck everyone! :smile:
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Another week of torture...LOL Happy Monday! :)
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    this gets better! I like doing crunches. will work on them today with the daily challenge. :)
  • MissWait
    Options
    Hey guys

How's everyone travelling? Have a feeling it's going to be a good week this week. Hope you are all feeling the same :bigsmile:
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    Hey guys Jose has asked if i can track the crunches this week. So can you all please send your crunch num bers to me. would be good to atleast receive numbers during the week as well as at the end. just so we know if we are on track and if we need to do a few extras each. thanks again

Have a good day and crunch away!
  • amayzingamanda
    Options
    2 questions....

1. the video link for Burpees goes to the video for globe jumps. I tried searching burpees but found like 3 different things so what's the right version?

2. whats the difference between the military press and a shoulder press? Am I missing something becasue they look the same to me.

Thanks!
  • amayzingamanda
    Options
    Hi All,

mandysjourney informed me this morning about something Gary had in his status about a personal challenge regarding the crunches....I'm pasting it below...

"Gary6030: Its rough when you take abuse from people. Its worse when its from your teammates. I have a teammate SuzMac1981 that is talking all kinds of smack today.....She actually had the nerve to challenge me to do 1000 crunches this week so that between the two of us we could elimintate 1/2 our teams crunch challenge. WELL ITS ON LIKE ROBOT DONKEY KONG! Yeah I'm up for your challenge Cheerleader Dancer Girl! I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that can compete with the MACHINES on Weapons of Mass Reduction. (*****This is additional do not email me saying you can't do it******) ADDITIONAL WEEKLY CHALLENGE! For every teammate that will commit to 1000 crunches this week I will award 10 extra points per person to that team! This could be a big point spread folks. Thanks SuzMac1981 for keeping us challenged you are the best! "

I just wanted to jump out there an let you all know that i personally committed to do 2,000 this week. (I'm a crunching machine so I'm not worried at all).

Keep up the great work team and here's to a great week!
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    Well I am pretty sure I can knock out 1000 as well so I better get to it. Not sure how the team is going point wise so will try for the bonus points too.

anyone else want to give it a go?
  • MissWait
    Options
    What the heck! If I Crunch before and after work I think I can knock out 1000 :bigsmile:

Count me in!
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    crunches update

1461 so far

2539 to go

well done and good luck
  • vrodriguez87
    vrodriguez87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lets do it! we have a few more days left in the week guys 1000 crunches it totally doable!!
  • amayzingamanda
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? Anyone else doing the 1,000 crunches?

One more week after this!!!! Hope everyone is doing awesome!
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    hey guys. I havent been on much the last few days. will tally up the numbers I have so far for the crunches challenge and see how far we are off of them. has anyone seen the week 4 challenges yet? they start in a few hours for me and really would like to see what they are
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    ok our total so far is

3236 crunches. so we are a bit short atm. Hopefully a few people will send me some numbers soon to bump this up a bit.

I am happy to say that I did complete my 1000 for the week. yah.

Also well done amazing amanda she also has 1000+ for the week. Not sure on her end totsl atm
    thanks to those that sent in crunch numbers
  • mandysjourney
    Options
    ok we have just mde it

4036 crunches.

well done amazingamanda with her 2500 crunches for the week!