Need ideas for food to take to a par-tay!

Options
So my bff's birthday is today and her hubby is planning a weenie roast/ bonfire tomorrow night. Fun, right? However the menu seems to cover the basic no-no food groups: processed, sugary, salty, fatty, and alcoholic. (Hot dogs, s'more stuff. another friend is bringing a cheeseball and crackers, cake). So I was trying to think of a healthier salad/ side dish or finger food that is a crowd pleaser.

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Maybe a homemade salsa or healthy seven-layer dip (black beans instead of refried, for example, or fat-free refried beans) with whole wheat tortilla chips? Salsa (aka pico de gallo) is really easy to make and doesn't take much time at all.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    how about fruit salad? It's always a hit with our family
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Red pepper and cucumber spears, those flat pretzels and some homemade hummus. Good stuff.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Maybe some various cut up fruits with low fat vanilla or strawberry yogurt for dipping?
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Black bean and corn salsa, it's all veggies. You can take some multigrain pita chips, too!

http://onesweetlife.net/?p=365
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Veggie tray with dip!!! That always goes over good!
  • StevenCabral
    StevenCabral Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A delicious Spinach strawberrie salad. I bought this at Fresh & Easy and it was delicious.
    Fresh Spinach, Fresh Strawberries (Cut in half), Feta cheese, light vinagrrette dressing. You can also ad chicken to it.
    It's wonderful and very light on calories.
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    Try this veggie/pasta salad. Makes 10 servings at only 127 calories per serving!

http://www.dashingdish.com/2011/06/loaded-pasta-salad/