Right out of surgery

Loose weight without hurting myself. I have a fake hip. I was told to do small things, but I want to loose 20 more pounds to be back at my prepreg weight.

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Focus on a calorie deficit until you’re cleared for exercise. That’s really all anyone needs to lose weight anyway.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Body requires more calories to heal. Go to maintenance for now. How can you expect your body to heal optimally when you’re not giving it the building blocks to do so (calories)?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Agreeing with those saying to aim for maintenance calories for now. Your body needs nutrition (prioritize protein) to heal properly. It will take some time, but the risks of not healing properly can sideline you for a long time.
  • samifaye0607
    samifaye0607 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you. I believe I've learned my lesson. I pushed myself way to hard and was down for like 3 days in major pain. So I'm watching my foods a lot more. Thank you again.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    make sure you are getting protein to build muscle and that you are getting enough to heal - your body needs calories to rebuild. And sorry you learned the hard way but I think we all do - yup overdoing it will set you back - just focus on maintenance calories and PT for now -