Oily Skin and Food Choices

Options
Has anyone ever gotten rid of their oily skin (like t-zone on face) by lowering the fat in their diet? I've been the queen of shininess (is that a word?) lately and no amount of blotting with tissue during the workday is helping. I even bought powder foundation and that hasn't worked. So maybe a low-fat diet will work?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Water, water and more water. It flushes your whole body and your skin too.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »

As far as nutrition, this is going to help the most. If you consider fat, it's probably better to have a diet with an adequate amount of fat, which is good for the health of the skin.

How is your skincare routine? This will probably have the biggest impact. Well-moisturized skin will actually improved oily-ness, as drying out the skin can cause an overproduction of oils to compensate.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It honestly is probably related to skin care more so then diet. Do you wash your face morning and night? Are you using a moisturizer (yes you need to moisturize oily skin too)? Are you using any harsh products on your skin (such as salicylic acid acne products)?
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »

I drink a minimum of 8 glasses a day. I could try drinking more, but it feels like I already use the bathroom too much (especially at work).
  • somethingsoright
    somethingsoright Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do a multiple reply, so here goes about my skincare routine. It's very basic. I shower twice a day and that's when I wash my face by scrubbing with a wash cloth under running water. I rarely use soap on my face, just once or twice a week. I moisturize every morning because oddly my face is dry, even though it gets oily around the t-zone area. I've tried using different moisturizers.