Starting a new group!

Options
Hi all, My name is Joanne and I'd like to start a group that checks in daily to motivate and help keep me accountable. Someplace that makes sure that we're tracking and keeping us all honest with ourselves. We can post our successes for the day or anything that we're needing help with. I'm open to suggestions for a name and we'll start a new thread everyday that we can all check in. Looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of new people with this group. So to get us all started, I have been awful lately with my eating, luckily I've been consistent with the exercise so there's half the battle. So today is a new beginning, I will track today and I'm about to go do my workout so I hope you all have a great day and I'll check in again later see how many of you are wanting to join. Stay strong and you can so this!!!

Replies

• caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanne,
    I would love to join this group, maybe we could check in everyday just with what we ate, how many cals or at least if we met our cal goal, maybe what if any exercise we did- then do a weigh in everyday. We could post pics throughout our process if we want to.... that way we can ask for help or suggestions on how to reduce or make our daily goals better etc....
    I think being held accountable would really help me stay in the game...
  • alilegall
    Options
    I'm in!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    and ask if we should eat exercise calories?
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hi. I am in! We all need as much encouragement as we can get :)
  • JCrowson28
    JCrowson28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How about Motivational Movers :)
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    Pick me! Pick me! I need some *kitten*-kickery now and then :D
  • saraheblack
    Options
    I'll join :)
  • wtbf
    wtbf Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm so glad to see all of the interest!! And I like motivational mover so let's go with that. I don't think we need to weigh in everyday, I think weekly would be enough. Should we pick a weigh in day or just stick with your current weigh in days, it's up to you just post your weekly weigh-ins lbs up or down, you don't need to mention the actual weight. I think we can all gat great support and motivation here and I can't wait to start seeing results again. Now, remember my name and if you don't see me on here, give me hell OK?? Talk to you all again soon!
    Joanne
  • wtbf
    Options
    Just did my work-out, short and sweet but still worked up a sweat, now to see how eating goes today!
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey there's a group like this on FB... 5 of them actually!! We're looking at going to 6 if we get more members.
    The groups are small.
    We have weekly weigh-ins that in turn is a competition to see who is the biggest loser group.
    We also do weekly challenges, a workout and diet challenge for the week.
    Mid-week challenges to break up the week.

It's a bunch of fun and we all get a good laugh. wtbf... I'll send you a message with the information and maybe you can admin the next ffl6 group.

The group is great too!!
  • wtbf
    Options
    Bry- about eating your exercise calories? I think you have to see what works for you. I've seen both sides of the con work. On the one hand, i figure if you don't eat extra for the exercise you did you should lose faster?? but on the other hand if you're working out really hard, then you should eat more to feed your body so I think it will have to be trial and error with me. I know that both weight watchers and MFP give you extra calories to eat for your exercise so there must be some science there to back that!! And I also find that when I am good about tracking and consume the extra exercise calories, I am still successful, but the key is to track my food!!
  • wtbf
    Options
    That was coin, not con.
  • leger151
    leger151 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    count me in! I'm new to myfitnesspal but am exercising and logging daily. I'd love the additional support and accountability!

I'm loving this so far. I primarily use my iphone so updates are automatic. :)
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! My problem is I always forget to check in with everyone! I would love to do this! Help me remember to check in please! How do I remind myself and where whould I find the posts?
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of this group! Count me in.
  • Sieggie
    Sieggie Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm in. Desperate for success (this time)! Good all day long until the evening.....dinner.....wine.
  • schusty40
    Options
    Count me in too please! Have been tracking my food and exercise for a few weeks now, but it would be more fun to be a part of a group!:)
  • wtbf
    Options
    Seiggie - I hear ya, good all day until the munchies hit in the evening.

Anyone is welcome and where to find the posts? I think we'll stay under the newbies section and in the am we'll start a new thread and call it "Motivational Movers - Thursday" (or whatever day of the week it happens to be) and if your looking for it and can't find it there it's possible a thread for the day hasn't been started so go ahead and start it. I am in B.C Canada so if we has some early birds in the east you will definitely beat me to the boards so please feel free to get us started. I'm so stoked about this so let's keep the enthusiasm high!! Have a great day!
  • Sieggie
    Sieggie Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm in Connecticut so if you'd like I can start the daily "Motivational Movers - Whatever day it is" in the morning. I need to get this right this time...as I sit here with a glass of wine. It's my downfall but after a day working the stock brokers and the market the way it is.....well can you blame me? LOL - Sieggie
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    count me in!!!