Looking for success story about losing fat/recomp.

Options
iimsd
iimsd Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for success stories, advice and motivation from people who were already within a healthy weight range but who managed to lose that excess fat.

I've never been the type who have had to think/worry about what I eat, and never exercised much more than once a week ish (danced ballet), and when I gained a few kg's after a long stay in France, I quickly lost it again through some running (but didn't even need to log nutrition nor calories along with it). I'm still in the lower range of the ideal/healthy weight, but I've still gained kg's and lots of fat the last year or so (I'm at around 27%!), no idea how or where from since I haven't changed my habits majorly. Now, I both exercise 3-5 times a week, AND have logged my food every day, tried LCHF, cut down on added sugars, yet hardly see any change since June T_T Does anyone know if some metabolism thing changes or something, even though I'm only 26 yrs old?

So I'm quite desperate if you have a success story, advice, motivation, anything really!
Thank you!

Replies

• jackw66
    jackw66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started training in June I weighed 15.5. It’s now September and I weigh 12.5. I just eat clean and went to the gym 4 days a week. Only been using weights 10x10 sets. I’d never been to the gym or worried about my weight until I was getting married lol. But Iv had lost of success just sticking to eating healthy. No chocolate no biscuit no bread crisps. Just chicken broccoli red meat and fish lots of vegetables. I know it’s sounds horrible but I’m telling you it works. yfgn88c8c5dk.jpeg
  • jackw66
    jackw66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    77rvwp5ier3t.jpeg
    rgsg1p32lcf3.jpeg
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    c9ukmfvxrw74.png
    On the 25th November 2016, my NHS Doctor's surgery carried out a 'Health Check'

Using the politest and most professional language they gave me the results which when translated; “you're fat and if you don't stop shoving food in your mouth you're going to heaven a lot sooner than you think!”

Then handed me two books along with some specific advice on dieting , from the information I gave them, the advice was to adjust my portion sizes.

The books were 'skim read' and I proceeded to diet.

Mid December I checked to see how much I had lost and unbelievably the scales said I had gained 3kg, this was a total shock to me.

Actually reading the books, I decided too much information was there to digest. So I 'parked' the exercise portion and focused on the dieting.

The information I further split into parts, then put each part into practice till it became a routine.

Eventually walking, cycling and light weight training was added to diet regimen.

Been on 'maintenance' for nearly a year, still trying to find a routine to not only keep my target weight but make myself stronger. Still learning and experimenting.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Styggian wrote: »
    c9ukmfvxrw74.png
    On the 25th November 2016, my NHS Doctor's surgery carried out a 'Health Check'

Using the politest and most professional language they gave me the results which when translated; “you're fat and if you don't stop shoving food in your mouth you're going to heaven a lot sooner than you think!”

Then handed me two books along with some specific advice on dieting , from the information I gave them, the advice was to adjust my portion sizes.

The books were 'skim read' and I proceeded to diet.

Mid December I checked to see how much I had lost and unbelievably the scales said I had gained 3kg, this was a total shock to me.

Actually reading the books, I decided too much information was there to digest. So I 'parked' the exercise portion and focused on the dieting.

The information I further split into parts, then put each part into practice till it became a routine.

Eventually walking, cycling and light weight training was added to diet regimen.

Been on 'maintenance' for nearly a year, still trying to find a routine to not only keep my target weight but make myself stronger. Still learning and experimenting.

WOW!!! THIS IS AMAZING! You look fantastic now, great job.
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I looked into recon. Then decided to go with clean bulk/ carb cycle. Finding my maintenance now. Then will add 300 ish calories a day. Being I only do calisthenics 2-3 times a week with 2-3 days cardio. I am only going to gain so much mass
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!