PB2 & MIRACLE NOODLES

Options
i ordered both online at low carb canada (shipping was pricy) but I was pleasently surprised with the taste of both products

PB2- powdered peanut butter. If you are a die hard Peanut butter lover this might not cut it for you. Its not as creamy since you miz with water, and the taste is a bit different. It tastes more "roasted" which would make sense because that's part of the process it goes through to become powdered. For only 45 calories and 1.5 g of fat I can live with the slight difference. In fact I had it on my toast this morning and barely noticed the difference.

Miracle Noodles- I was told they had a fishy smell coming out of the bag so instead of setting myself to hate them i just held my breath and rinsed them off then flash boiled them. I mixed them up with some "yves veggie ground round" and Cattelli herb sauce and I was stuffed. The texture is a bit different, they are a bit chewier but that could be from the way I could them, and i didn't taste anything weird. As long as you can get past the look of them then you're golden. I will be buying more thats for sure! The dish I made came out around 130 cals and I was full. The fullest I have been in awhile haha

Just thought I would give you all my opinion on the new wonder foods!

Replies

• aprilshowers13
    Options
    I love PB2!! I put it in my shakes, oatmeal, and greek yogurt.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of them both!

I put PB2 in my protein shake with a banana. MMMM

I just rinse the Miracle Noodles in hot water and pat them dry. For the calorie and carb savings I could give a damn about the texture :bigsmile:
  • strongissexy1
    Options
    I am a fan of them both!

I just rinse the Miracle Noodles in hot water and pat them dry. For the calorie and carb savings I could give a damn about the texture :bigsmile:

thats exactly how i felt!!
    do you guys order online? if so from where and have you tried the Chocolate Pb2?
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    thanks! I will have to try both!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of them both!

thats exactly how i felt!!
    do you guys order online? if so from where and have you tried the Chocolate Pb2?

IMO the chocolate is better..Netrition.com is the cheapest I've found...
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I buy the Shiritaki noodles - whatever brand that is - and I love them too. I like to cook them with rotel & ground chicken - sprinkle cheese on top!
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The PB2 is AWESOME!! I love peanut butter but not willing to take in the calories or fat from regular Skippy or Jiff (OH NUM). However, the fat & oils from real peanut butter are good for you, but really, I only want the taste. When you mix up the PB2 it gives you a lot...for me, its 2 sandwiches worth... As for the tofu noodles...I bought those too...Expensive, OMG yes..but they really dont taste different, have a chewy texture yes, but you can eat a WHOLE 8oz package without ANY guilt! I made a Hungry girl Alfredo with Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese..OMG it was AWESOME!!! So yes, both items are costly, but worth it if you want *pasta* and *peanut butter* without the guilt.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Huh. I am definitely going to try these. Are they similar to rice noodles (the miracle noodles)?

Are they actually ok to eat or are they filled with a whole lot of nasty garbage?
  • ambreee
    ambreee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love PB2, I haven't tried miracle noodles yet, but would like to.
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    PB2 sounds great but I can't find it in the UK. :frown:
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Netrition.com ships internationally :)
  • strongissexy1
    Options

Netrition.com ships internationally :)

I just placed an order form there! they had the best prices for shipping and sell larger bottles of PB2 for cheap! Miracle noodles as well
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I get my PB2 at a health food store about 3 streets from my house. I looove it. I get the chocolate kind yummy
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Huh. I am definitely going to try these. Are they similar to rice noodles (the miracle noodles)?

Are they actually ok to eat or are they filled with a whole lot of nasty garbage?
    The actual Miracle Noodle brand is made of: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of these noodles. I see online that they are "made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan." So I was wondering how that affects your...um...poop? Sorry...I just don't want any surprises!