Weekends. Anyone else fall off the wagon?

Options
Hello!

Anyone else completely fall off the tracks during the weekend? I meal prep on Sunday so I have food prepared for the whole week but my husband and I are out and about and always end up grabbing food to eat and then of course I need a beer. I do so well over the work week and then the weekend ruins all of my hard work but I still can’t seem to break the bad habits!

What do you all do to keep on track and not completely go off the rails?

Thanks!

Kayla

Replies

• jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I bowl on Friday nights, so usually Friday morning, I add 3 or 4 beers in MFP for calorie tracking to try and help with that. Another example, last night we were doing a fundraiser for boy scouts at a pizza restaurant so I ordered a Salad with Chicken and vinegar and oil, instead of pizza. But yes, sometimes that does happen to me on weekends. I try and be strict Sunday - Thursday, and do my best Friday / Saturday, but sometimes fall of a little, not too bad though.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you eat out with your husband, just factor that food in after you have it. Have your beer but try not to go crazy and stuff your face. Then log as accurately as you can and it will probably mean just eating less later that day. It may still result in going over your calorie goal but at least it wont be disastrous 😊 we all have to live a little and cant eat 'clean' all the time so in situations like that I think thays where portion control comes in.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yep, almost always...I eat super well during the week and then on the weekends I relax a bit. Have a few margaritas, beers, whatever. I don't log on the weekends either. I don't go crazy but I also just give myself a bit of a break.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from an injury ATM. Everything is all out whack and I've put on a bit of weight however, when things are normal, I try to bank some calories during the week so that I can get a little crazy with it on the weekends. Something to the tune of 100-150/day maybe even 250/day if I'm having a good week.

I don't drink so that is super helpful. I can't imagine trying to fit empty calories like that into my budget but there's no point in depriving yourself of the things that bring you joy either. Tough spot.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I have gotten my husband excited about getting healthy, so he is now game for the big salad lunch on the weekends. (This works if you are careful about what is in and on the salads. Easy to underestimate salad dressing amounts.) If we are going out, we plan around that (eat before or pack food, generally).
  • ejg1010
    ejg1010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I "bank" calories during the week so that I can enjoy higher calorie things at weekends (such as wine!) without undoing all my hard work. I still log everything and just go from my weekly totals. At the moment my target is to lose 1/2lb per week so as long as my average calorie intake is 250 under maintenance per day, that's all I'm looking for.
  • KaylaMack013
    KaylaMack013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Thank you everyone for your insight and tips! Truly appreciate it!!! 🙌🏼❤️
  • ApolloDj2018
    ApolloDj2018 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the toughest time to diet in my opinion i don't know why but you need all your will power to hold off 🤐
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Being somewhat retired, every day is a weekend. I was under my calorie budget each day this week so far.

Breakfast: I have coffee first. After 8:00 a.m., I fix my breakfast. My daughter is busy getting ready to go to work so I stay out of her way.

Lunch: I plan this around noon or 1:00 p.m.

Dinner: I start cooking around 6:00 p.m.

There's usually calories left over for a small snack in the afternoon.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I normally have a treat meal for tea on a Saturday night and I simply pre-log what I want (online menus are fantastic) in the morning so I know it will fit into my budget and I can adjust what I can eat for other meals during the day. My calorie allowance is always higher though as I have more time on a Saturday to exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I normally have a treat meal for tea on a Saturday night and I simply pre-log what I want (online menus are fantastic) in the morning so I know it will fit into my budget and I can adjust what I can eat for other meals during the day. My calorie allowance is always higher though as I have more time on a Saturday to exercise.

In what way is it a cheat meal if it fits in your calories?
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Some people do well with sticking to a constant calorie number throughout the week, others do better if they squirrel away some calories Mo-Fri to compensate for the weekends. Nothing wrong in that. You can lose a lb by being in a 500-cal deficit for 7 days straight, or by being in a 700 cal deficit for 5 days and eating at maintenance for the other two, without falling off any wagon. Do whatever works for you!