I think I’m loosing my mind .

Options
Minaz95
Minaz95 Posts: 15 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been feeling down about my body for the last couple of weeks.Basically I started my weightloss journey three years ago and I’m still not happy .I was 155 pounds and I got down to 125.Sadly I wasn’t happy at 125 and I wanted to go down to 115 but that wasn’t happening because my weight plateau so for the last six months I have been trying and trying but from 125 my weight went upto 129!! I would eat healthy Monday to Friday and then on Saturday I like to go out with my friends to eat out. I went out last saturday too and now I’m 133 pounds .Im freaking out .Its been three days already and I’m 133 pounds I don’t think it’s water weight .Im tired of this yo yo thing going on I wanna be one weight and Atleast go back to being 125 not even 115 .Please someone help.Im 5”6 by the way if that helps . Also I heard about reverse dieting but this Saturday I’m going out to six flags with my friends so i don’t know if I should start that now . Also for my workouts I run 5 days a week outside (like three minutes high intensity then one minute rest for thirty minutes ).I do insanity as well I don’t have much weight lifting going in because I don’t have a gym membership.Also for the last few days I feel like all big and bloated and my stomach got softer too ☹️

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Have you considered recomp?
    You could do a body weight program for your strength training.
  • Minaz95
    Minaz95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    But it has been four days already and the weight hasn’t come off 😭
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I recommend recomp.
  • RunForPizza88
    RunForPizza88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Judging by your profile pic loosing more weight isn’t what you actually need to do, you are already very slim but you look ‘soft’ so i suspect if you loose any more weight you still arent going to be happy with your body as you are just going to be even smaller but still the same shape. Consider a recomp and lifting heavy things!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Minaz95 wrote: »
    But it has been four days already and the weight hasn’t come off 😭

Four days?

It can take me a week to drop the water weight from an excess sodium day. My body loves to hang on to it for dear life. If it's then coupled to TOM I might actually see the higher reading for over a month. Meaning, don't compare your weight to yesterday or even last week. Compare it to 4-6 weeks ago.

Don't do any knee jerk reactions based on a single scale reading. Just keep keeping on slow and steady. And be kind to yourself.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Your body can hold on to water for dear life even for more than those 3 days. Factor in the big meal, salt, maybe how regular you are or things such as TOM / ovulation. I don't think you have to worry about gaining 4 lbs in a day (that would be what, eating 14,000 cals over your maintenance? well... did you?).

You don't need a gym membership for building strength and muscle, and those can really help at this stage. There is nothing wrong with your body weight as it is now, so if you want to improve you might want to switch your focus to recomp-ing like others above have said. There's plenty you can do at home, without any equipment or with furniture (bulgarian split squats, dips, etc).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scales would be my advice.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Feeling healthy mentally and bodily at the same time does not always happen. For me it is more important to be mentally happy, stable, positive. I still have to lose about 100 or so pounds, so usually I am not happy with my body. It has been said that a strong mind can conquer just about everything. I set myself small goals, make small changes - think about next day's meal plan, exercise etc. One meal at a time, one day at a time.