Gym after work

Options
2»

Replies

• nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I go straight from work. I pack my gym stuff and take it along. Make sure I eat something small an hour or so before leaving the office. Once in the gym, I do 10 minutes of cardio. I am usually settled by the time the cardio is done. If I don't feel motivated to do strength, I continue with cardio. My gym has cardio options so that is good.

On a side note, make sure you drink plenty of water through the day on the days you plan to go to the gym. It keeps me from feeling drained and lousy.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I can only advise what others have already said...go to the gym directly from work. If possible. The place where I work out is directly on my way home now. It makes it so much easier to show up. It was always that way and at that time, my gym attendance wasn’t what it should have been. Other than that, just try and force yourself to go. Sometimes getting there can be more of an effort then the actual work out. I wish you success.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, and I feel the most powerful and energetic after my work day. Perhaps its all the penned up rage. So I prefer working out after work, but it has to be a ritual something you do immediately and is planned. If I allow myself to get sidetracked after work, then my mind isn't in it.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, and I feel the most powerful and energetic after my work day. Perhaps its all the penned up rage. So I prefer working out after work, but it has to be a ritual something you do immediately and is planned. If I allow myself to get sidetracked after work, then my mind isn't in it.

I agree, make it a ritual. Try to find a time of day you can dedicate to it to help avoid making excuses. If you have a moving schedule, try to get a mindset of "I do this for an hour after work" or "I do this 30 mins before I leave for work", etc.