In need of motivation

So I lost 40 pounds last year with my fitness pal. I gained it all back plus some when I was injured in a car accident. I am having a hard time getting motivated to start losing :(

Replies

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    It sounds like you did great last year. I hope that you have fully recovered from your accident. If you are allowed to exercise, and have no restrictions, due to your accident, walking is a great thing to help clear the mind as well as helping with weight loss. Also, try to come up with a healthy diet , of the foods that you really like. Sometimes we have to get a different mind set.I know that I get off track from time to time. Just remember,” One day at a time, one step at a time. “ You can do this again. 😊
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    You're here, it means you're motivated. Put in the work.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    look at success stories
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Take a picture of yourself, an honest picture. that you know youll only see.

Put it someplace where you will see it daily how you are right now, not happy 40lbs from where you want to be.

Be honest with yourself.

40lbs didnt happen over night and it wont go away over night. Takes time and dedication to achieve your goals.

Small victories, set a plan to workout 3 days a week, then 4 then 5 etc.

New something at 5lbs lost, 15 lbs lost etc.

Small victories are a lot easier to achieve then looking at the whole deal.

When you feel like not working out, reference the pic you took.

Create a plan, honest plan.

Join a challenge on here, i have one thats 24 hours of active time in a month (not self promo by any means, just a suggestion)

this way you know hey Im in this challenge with everyone else, they expect me to do it, and i expect them to do it.

again the small victories.

and if that fails i got two size 11R boots to put against your backside....... HAHA jk

add me if youd like, active daily and closing in on 1700 days logging streak.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    You can get back to this try signing up for classes spinning, Zumba, strength and conditioning
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    I find myself smiling after a class- so I agree with Marvin above.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    I completely relate! I was running, bicycling, and going to Zumba classes and made it to my goal weight. But from February through April I couldn't exercise at all after hurting my back when I fell down a flight of stairs. (Ouch!). Resumed exercise, felt great! Then in on August 30 I broke my toe. (Ouch!) Still using a walking boot and not cleared yet for walking without it. I can try bootless walking starting October 30 for two hours a day. Upshot: I feel your pain. The best start you can have is, like me, resume counting calories with MFP and you'll feel a bit lighter when you can get back to the activities you enjoy. Be as patient as you can, you can break down your goals to losing a pound a week, going for a walk, and you'll start to see the progress you enjoyed last time. Good luck!