banana bread

Options
JOY621
JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
I just bought a small loaf of banana bread from a bakery. There is no info on nutrition. So how do I know how many calories? The database has different ones with different calories.

Replies

• divamimi09
    divamimi09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It is difficult b/c home baked or bakery goods aren't always in the database. So, what I would do is pick something as close to the amount as possible and I also assume it's HIGHER calories- so if you have the choice, pick something higher to give yourself a buffer?!

mmmm- i do love banana bread!!!
    :)
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've had to just guestimate on it, and I usually try to go with a bit higher calories just to keep me from going over.... :tongue:
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I would look up a recipe online and plug it into the database. I'm pretty sure the bakery isn't cutting any corners in the calorie department, so you should assume that it's got all the yummy regular stuff in it.
  • JOY621
    Options
    I looked up Starbucks one. It is over 500 calories for a slice. I think this one has the highest calories, what's up with that? Should I use that?
  • TluvK
    Options
    I looked up Starbucks one. It is over 500 calories for a slice. I think this one has the highest calories, what's up with that? Should I use that?

That seems a little high to me, but then again, I don't know what they are calling a slice. I'd estimate about 300-350 calories for a regular sized slice, but that's just a guess. Banana Bread is definitely not low in calories and bananas by themselves are pretty high in calories.
  • TluvK
    Options
    Just found this. Again, it's just a rough estimate because there are so many variables here. http://www.livestrong.com/article/265745-calories-in-a-slice-of-banana-bread/
  • JOY621
    Options
    Just found this. Again, it's just a rough estimate because there are so many variables here. http://www.livestrong.com/article/265745-calories-in-a-slice-of-banana-bread/

Thank you.