Dukan Diet

Options
Anyone else out there doing the Dukan diet? I’m new to it but I would love to hear your experience with it!!

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What kind of diet is this?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Trying to remember...isn't this diet considered a VLCD?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm familiar with the basic premise of Dukan diet...I'm not one to follow "cook book"/"cookie cutter" diets without any individualization. The emphasis on higher protein does seem to be what's important for creating satiety & a kcal deficit (limiting mainly fat and having tight/calculated carbohydrate intake).

If you want to try out a variation, I would just focus on changing macronutrient ratios (protein, fat, carbohydrates) and adjust to your lifestyle as according based on results & activity (mood, energy, sleep, etc.). Just saying these "phases" don't provide much convenience in being consistent/compliant (what matters most); just make small adjustments when you need after 2-4 weeks of consistency (no one needs radical changes)
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My friend did that and lost a lot of weight. She also strongly discouraged me from doing it because she thinks it contributed to hear fertility issues. That's just one data point though; maybe an outlier.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    did it years ago and lost weight...then decided I need carbs in my life! as others have said, it is overcomplicating something that doesn't need to be complicated and restricting things that don't need to be restricted.
  • Sportyabc
    Sportyabc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the Dukan diet. I’m on day 12 and have lost 4.3 lb so far. I think i could have lost a little bit more so far but I had one “cheat-day” in the 1st phase that made me fall back but since then I have again been slowly but surely losing a bit of weight every day.

I would say that the first days are the hardest as you have to follow really strict rules and you miss some things but it gets easier and easier from day to day and you also learn how to balance it with your social life.

I have a friend who was overweight and lost a lot of weight (she is skinny now) with this diet and has been able to maintain her weight loss for several years now. She was the one who introduced me to this diet but also warned me to read the book cover to cover to get informed about the possible side-effects/health risks.

I would love to hear about your experiences and process!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    There should be a rule that when someone comes asking about a diet or plan that they have to put the details in their post, so I don't have to search it up to see what it is and then have Chrome helpfully serve me up the worst related ads for the next month.

you could choose to ignore the urge to search on it, especially in light of your experience with the after-effects!