What assembling and recording my own personalized affirmations does for me

Options
Recommended by Sports Psychologists (of which I am not one) :)

I wanted to create something from the routine I do daily, that helps my level of positivity (and that I want to share with you).

For 7 days… consider practicing reading some affirmations aloud. If this is something you absolutely disagree with (for whatever reason)… they’re not for you, and you can move along to something else! For me personally though, affirmations have helped me achieve a level of positivity that hasn’t always been present.

Here are some of my positive affirmations/reminders. (And I encourage you to assemble your own as you become more comfortable with the process.)

1. Once I achieve my goal, I will go after another.
2. I positively reward myself for my hard work.
3. I’m going to keep working to break out of my unhealthy habits and cycles.
4. Each day I do the best I can.
5. I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
6. I’m not selfish if I focus on myself for a little bit. I need to make sure I’m okay and healthy.
7. I will always find a way and a way will always find me.
8. I respect my body and myself.
9. I listen to my own advice.
10. There is literally always someone there to support me.

Affirmations should always be positive and in the first person, present tense. And for many, working with positive affirmations is life changing, so again, if this doesn’t work for you, please move along to something else.

Replies

• intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I like this. My journal/diary sort of does this for me when I'm winding down my day, but I think reading certain affirmations aloud would help me start my day more positively.
  • affirmationguy
    affirmationguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :) I find it works too. I record my own, and as a result, get a health dose of positivity. I highly recommend to everyone!