23lbs away...need to lose at least 10 by October!

Options
I'm not new to this site, but new to the forums...I am seriously lacking in motivation right now.

In June 2009 I joined U Weightloss at 210lbs. I lost 53lbs by October 2010. Since then I gained about 17lbs up to 174. I'm now around 172.

My goal weight right now is 150. I would love to do that by Christmas.

I am in a wedding in October and right now, my bridesmaid dress is too tight. I think I'm about 10lbs from fitting into it since that's what I was measured at.

I'm doing Turbo Fire and the Turbo Fire mealplans. I'm really hoping it will work. I love the workouts so far (only done it 2 times so far) and the food is great.

My biggest hurdles are snacking and eating out. I love to snack in the evenings and chips are the biggest problem. It's not even a matter of not keeping them in the house...there is a 7-11 down the street and if I'm craving chips badly enough, I'll drive there just to buy a bag!

Eating out is tough...not at all on my own but when my friends want to get together, it always seems to be about going out to eat. It's hard because I don't want to say no....for example, yesterday my friend who was in from out of town was going home so everyone decided to go for lunch. We went to a Thai place.......no green salad or grilled chicken to speak of. The fish was breaded, everything covered in sauce, no brown rice to speak of....so those are the moments I say screw it and eat what I want.

Any tips on these 2 subjects? Anyone willing to buddy up with me and help me be accountable?

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have noticed when I get a bad case of the munchies in the evening, I will either drink a sobe life water or we usually always have home made applesauce bread here so if I really want a snack then I will eat a slice of that
  • ESRocks
    ESRocks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am more than happy to buddy up. I am a beachbody coach with quite a bit of succes in losing the weight and coaching. But in order to be successful you need to be willing to make a bigger commitment to yourself.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    buy Veggie chips from the grocery store or Kellogs special K chips. buy Semi- saly snacks, just the ones that are not as bad for you.

As far as going out to eat there is ALWAYS healthy options, you just have to ask. Or, request to go somewhere that does have healthy options. It is all about choices. :):)
  • casbec
    casbec Posts: 3
    Options
    Chips are high calorie "empty" calories. You can snack on fruit, which is much better for you and not high in calories. Some pretzels are not bad either, but check the calories. Additionally there are tons of other snacks out there that are better than chips...
    I personally love Thai food, and eat it once a week at least, but I always get the low fat dishes, some will even say "low in oil, etc. I always ask the waitress which dish is the healthiest and low fat. It woorks for me and I'm sure it can work for you.

Good luck.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Crispy rice chips are awesome... 85 cals per pouch... or pop chips. But at the very least instead of driving to the store you should walk, maybe by the time you get there the craving will have passed, and if not at least you walked a little bit there and back!

And for eating out, I always scope an online menu prior to heading to the restaurant - some of them have nutritional values posted.. and even if they don't you can plan your order and feel prepared and accountable instead of winging it and downing deep fried crap. :smile:
  • kbeakley
    Options
    Chips are high calorie "empty" calories. You can snack on fruit, which is much better for you and not high in calories. Some pretzels are not bad either, but check the calories. Additionally there are tons of other snacks out there that are better than chips...
    I personally love Thai food, and eat it once a week at least, but I always get the low fat dishes, some will even say "low in oil, etc. I always ask the waitress which dish is the healthiest and low fat. It woorks for me and I'm sure it can work for you.

Good luck.

I think that's the biggest issue I had yesterday is it was a buffet with 4 meat options, 1 fish and 1 veggie option...they weren't making other dishes so I couldn't ask for modifications.

I get frustrated when I feel like I'm working hard but not seeing results....and I'm totally panicking about this dress issue.
  • kbeakley
    Options
    Crispy rice chips are awesome... 85 cals per pouch... or pop chips. But at the very least instead of driving to the store you should walk, maybe by the time you get there the craving will have passed, and if not at least you walked a little bit there and back!

Good suggestion thanks. Or I bet if I did a quick 15 min workout (like a TF 15min HIIT) first and said I'd "reward" myself with a treat...by the time I'm done that workout, I probably won't want them.