Daily calories are a lot. I’m afraid to eat that much.

Options
Hey so I’m 177cm and 130 kg . My MFP daily calories is 2500 , do I have to eat that much or should I minus 500/1000? Last time when I was 110KG I had to eat 1500 a day but now 2500. Did MFP calculate the calories for me or do I have to minus myself to lose weight? Btw I just joined after many years and I’m planning to lose 40 kg. Would love some new friends and motivators :)

Replies

• kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Eat what the app tells you too. It’s accurate. Just make sure you set your activity level correctly. You get more calories for being more active, so only way your calorie goal could be “wrong” would be if you selected very active but you’re actually sedentary, or moderately active when you’re lightly active, etc. If you were honest with the app then your calorie goal is right. Good luck! You got this.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If you set your activity level correctly and gave yourself a 1 pound a week weight loss goal then those are the calories you should be eating.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Did MFP calculate the calories for me or do I have to minus myself to lose weight?

In the set up the app asks you to choose your weight loss goal, what goal did you select?

The goal it calculates is based on that rate of loss you selected and is also only a goal for days when you don't exercise.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    checking a tdee calculator 2500 cals would be about maintenance for a sedentary person with your height and weight. If you're more active then you've probably set it correctly.

Also I'd just like to add that you shouldn't be afraid of calories or food. That kind of mindset could manifest into a disorder later on down the line. Worst case scenario while eating that amount of calories is that you'll maintain, and if that happens you just reduce it a bit more til you start losing, no biggie and not the end of the world :)