Looking for a buddy! Early 20s Female!

Options
Whoops! lol, I just realized how much that title sounds like a "personals" ad, but hey, I'm in need of a buddy!

I'm looking for someone who is DEDICATED and would like to partner up for weight loss. I will be honest, when I try to go it alone, I tend to get lazy. So I'm reaching out to try to find someone who can help me stay honest and stay on track. I have been almost completely sedentary in the past and am slowly starting to incorporate exercise into my life. I tend to make excuses and I'm looking for a partner who won't put up with that. :)

I'm 23, 175 pounds, 5'1", and I live in the northeast US. My goal weight is 130lbs (I may decide to go further, but that's my initial goal) and I want to be there by New Years Eve 2011. That's 45 pounds in 20 weeks. I know that's more than the recommended 2 pounds per week but I'm up for it.

I'm looking for someone to really form a long term bond with, someone to share inspiration and motivation with. Someone to tell me to get up off my butt even when I don't want to exercise. And someone who needs support as well.

SO, if you have similar goals and this sounds like a good idea to you, private-message me. :)

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Message coming your way now
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    lol, this does sound like a personal ad!

Since you're going for more than 2lbs a week, just make sure you listen to your own body. You'll have ups and downs, we all do. Losing a ton of weight doesn't do any good if you don't create a healthy lifestyle :)
  • clovismom25
    Options
    Well hello "Early 20's and Female" (lol)

I am 23 and female! I would LOVE a buddy! I am 5'5" and 225lbs (size 16). I HAVE to lose this baby weight! I am prediabetic and tired! I have three small boys and need to be able to keep up with them! I am in if you are! You can add me on facebook if you want, send me a message on here and I'll give you my name!
  • l_heras
    l_heras Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm 26 (it's still early 20's to me). I would love to get to know ya'll too if you have some room for me:)
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    You'll definitely find a buddy on here! For the month that I've been on here, I've formed a great relationship with almost everyone on my friends list.