HCG Diet

Options
I am in my 15th day of the HCG Diet and the 500 calories are killing me. I have only lost 10 pounds. I have also been cheating because I stay so hungry. Sometimes I just wanna give up but I wanna live longer too. My husband is dieting as well and he rides my back constantly about what I eat. I know that I could lose more if I do what they tell me to do. I choose life!:blushing: :blushing:

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Lord, that doesn't sound healthy at all. What's the point of being thin if you're tearing up your insides and starving yourself??
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Careful, those diets KILL your metabolism, and 99% of people gain the weight back directly after. Why not just cut calories to around 1200 to 1400 a day, and exercise. You'll lose the weight a bit slower, but you'll feel A LOT healthier, and have a shot at actually keeping the weight off.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    If what you're doing is making you miserable... why do it? Why not find a healthy way to lose weight that won't make you completely miserable?

Instead of trying to live on 500 calories a day (I can NOT imagine living on 500 calories!) why not try eating healthier, logging your food and working out?

I've lost 60lbs doing it that way.....
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    500 calories isn't healthy. You are "cheating" because your body is hungry! Calories aren't always bad. Calories = Energy. Energy = Good. If I were you I would get off the HCG diet and do something more realistic. Like eating smaller, healthier portions and exercise. Remember, anything less than 1200 calories a day is dangerous! Plus you sound miserable. Life is too short. Be happy!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Careful, those diets KILL your metabolism, and 99% of people gain the weight back directly after. Why not just cut calories to around 1200 to 1400 a day, and exercise. You'll lose the weight a bit slower, but you'll feel A LOT healthier, and have a shot at actually keeping the weight off.

Dr. Oz was talking about this the other day... He said the HCG diet ruins your metabolism.
  • KUrness
    KUrness Posts: 3
    Options
    When I first started someone told me the slower you lose the weight the slower you will gain it back… so while you may lose the weight fast on this diet… it is just that a diet. The only way to truly lose weight and keep it off is to make a full lifestyle change!!
  • bsktlvr
    bsktlvr Posts: 17
    Options
    Although I don't know alot of about the HCG Diet, I do know that 500 calories is way too low. If you are not active at all, 500 calories is not going to substain you in a given day. And if you are active or you are exercising, those 500 calories are not enough. 10 pounds in 15 days is good, I'll give you that, but at what cost? Log your info into MFP and I would bet that you are eating too few calories. Eat some good food!! Good luck.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I work in a medical clinic and have seen people who are doing the HCG diet. There are some that actually lose some of their hair due to the loss of valuable vitamins and minerals, etc during this diet. And, you can't stay on this diet and every person I have seen on it, has gained back all and even more of their previous weight. You have to start eating normal again at some point as this is not a diet that can be maintained for a long time. I don't recommend it and neither do any of our docs. Exercise and eating healthy really are the best options. Just a whole lifestyle change. And, it is tough I know. Just be careful. I can't blame you for starving when they only allow you that much in calories. And, men usually seem to lose weight easier so don't be discouraged when your husband loses faster.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Dr. Oz was talking about this the other day... He said the HCG diet ruins your metabolism.

I like Dr. Oz. :blushing: