Can't believe it's not butter - spray

Options
I bought this spray because it has no calories and is better for you then the butter and stuff. But my question is if I use a lot of sprays will it add up to more calories or can I use as much as I want. It's good, but I want to make sure I don't over use it.

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I bought this spray because it has no calories and is better for you then the butter and stuff. But my question is if I use a lot of sprays will it add up to more calories or can I use as much as I want. It's good, but I want to make sure I don't over use it.

• abbylove08
    Options
    spray butter changed my life.
    i use it for everything.
    popcorn, broccoli, waffles, pancakes, english muffins, toast, anything.

especially good when making sandwiches, just spray the bread with the spray butter like you would do with real butter for a grilled cheese. makes every sandwich SO much better.

i think that after a while, the calories will come, but i don't think it's enough to really impact anything, maybe 5 calories or so?
    i've always wondered the same thing, but still use the stuff religiously. haven't had any issues, personally.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Let me know when you find out. It sounds to go to be true if its 0 cal. for as much as you want.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I was just curious, in what way is this spray better for you than butter? Sounds interesting.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    actually if you have room for the calories, real butter is heaven..but the sprays are nice...drizzle it like rain...no...kidding...they even have the olive oil spray...the cals in the sprays are there but not that much.....just dont get the over processed stuff....minimal ingredients on the label is always the best bet
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (25 sprays)

Amount per Serving

Calories 20 Calories from Fat 20

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Protein 0%

Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 90.0% Carbs 0.0%
    Protein 0.0%

Try one of these other items from I Can't Believe It's Not Butter instead of the Butter-flavored Spray (per Teaspoon) to consume fewer calories.
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/i-cant-believe-its-not-butter
  • MattySparky
    Options
    actually if you have room for the calories, real butter is heaven..but the sprays are nice...drizzle it like rain...no...kidding...they even have the olive oil spray...the cals in the sprays are there but not that much.....just dont get the over processed stuff....minimal ingredients on the label is always the best bet

no doubt... my beef with the artificial butters has always been the hydrogenated ingredients. I dont know though, Im still not buying it hehe. Im not convinced is what I mean.
  • zuleika
    Options
    I use I can't believe it is not butter, for just about every thing. some one told me that virgin olive oil is better for cooking your food. do any one have any suggestion.
  • iluvbread
    Options
    I just give myself 10 calories for it a day no matter how much I use
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I just give myself 10 calories for it a day no matter how much I use

can I have a big steak and some taters and just give myself 10 calories today?

I respectfully disagree with that approach...unless you dont really use any:smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I just bought some tonight because I LOVE butter on my veggies and no WAY am I gonna eat real butter... tried eating them plain but yuck... so will try this stuff. I can't imagine I need even 25 sprays on my brocoli to have a little butter taste?

And yeah, it's got this and that bad for you... but how much of the stuff am I really going to eat long term? 1 serving a day? At most? Can it be that bad for you at that???
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I was just curious, in what way is this spray better for you than butter? Sounds interesting.

Buttermilk I think ....

I love it, too! It's great on popcorn ...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I keep a spritzer and I put melted real butter in it...I used to eat the 0 calorie spray butter but I found that I just like the fact of spraying it on LOL..it seemed to coat the food better