Vacation weight increase

Options
I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and feel like I have piled on the pounds. I don’t know for sure but..feel massive. How do I get back on track? I return home on Thursday. I’m in a panic.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most people put on water weight and that's about it. You can't really pile on fat in a couple of weeks just like you can't lose piles of fat in a couple of weeks.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ditto the water weight. If you think it'll upset you unduly, don't weigh for a while after you get home and back to your normal routine. On the other hand, if you want to see the impresses whooshes as you drop it, do weigh! :smiley: You may have gained an actual 2 or 3 real pounds if you *really* went overboard and weren't active enough to offset it, but it's not the end of the world.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Mostly water weight from eating more salty foods or drinking more while on vacation. Just get back to logging daily and moving more. Simple as that .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and feel like I have piled on the pounds. I don’t know for sure but..feel massive. How do I get back on track? I return home on Thursday. I’m in a panic.

Why panic? You chose to eat and drink everything you have so far. Just get back to a deficit when you're home.
  • ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I gained 6.4 pounds while on vacation for 8 days.
    I lost it all in 5 days after we got home.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation now.. I know I have water weight gain from all the travel.. but I'm walking all day long.. I think I'll be fine when I get home. I bet two weeks of lean eating and exercise will get it all off. don't panic. you can't gain all your weight back in a. few weeks.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I went on a 2 week all-inclusive holiday to egypt, landed back on 3rd October 10lbs heavier, today that is all gone. It will come off even if you do gain a little bit, enjoy your holiday!
  • alisonwoodrow12
    alisonwoodrow12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you 😊
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I went on vacation for a week and came back about a week ago. I had put on 20lbs during that time. I got back to doing exercises that caused me to sweat boat loads and portioning as i was before the vacation. I am now 5lbs away from my weight before the vacation. Just exercise and eat reasonably and it'll come off eventually. Give or take 2-3 weeks? Everyone's different so it may be shorter or longer.

Good luck.