Need a Chinese Food fix?

Options
CakepopPirate
CakepopPirate Posts: 51 Member
Check out the Hoisin Chicken and Asian Salad!!! It clocks in at 327 calories and 6g of fat!

http://girlinoregon.blogspot.com/2011/08/anyone-craving-chinese-food.html.

I actually made it two nights in a row, the first night with brown rice and the second night with salad and it totally nailed the Orange Chicken / General Tso Chicken craving. :flowerforyou:

The only unusual ingredients you need are hoisin sauce and sesame oil, more or less most other things are available within a well stocked kitchen!

xoxo
a.

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    love chinese food---thanks for sharing!!!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Going to have to try this one!
  • Lunababy7181
    Lunababy7181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meag83
    Meag83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm totally checking that out! Love chinese food especially General Tso's and Orange Chicken. I'm a little concerned about the Ketchup! Not a fan! Do I go with it or get rid of it?
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aminomel
    Options
    Thanks for posting :) I will try it for dinner tonight.:happy:
  • CakepopPirate
    Options
    :blushing: I know what you mean about the ketchup... I lived in China for over a year and my Chinese friends would DIE if they knew I put KETCHUP into a 'Chinese' sauce... that being said, you can't taste it. If you don't want to add it, I would do 3 tbsp of Hoisin and add a splash of vinegar to compensate.

Hope you enjoy the recipe!
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump! This looks really good. Did you mix the sauce without cooking? There are no instructions for the sauce that goes with the chicken.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nom nom .. looks good :tongue:

Where do you find that Hoisin sauce?
  • chrisyb122
    chrisyb122 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CakepopPirate
    Options
    You can find Hoisin sauce in most "Asian" aisles at the grocery store, somewhere near the soy sauce and teriyaki sauce It's usually a short round jar. Or, you can find it really easily at an Asian Grocery if you have one near you!
  • CakepopPirate
    Options
    Yep, I mixed up the sauce in a bowl first and then when I flipped the chicken I smothered the grilled side with the sauce so it sank in while the other side of the chicken was cooking in the skillet.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food! Saving this :D
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I made this tonight - SO good. I can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow! I ran out of Hoisin sauce, so I used Oyster sauce and it still tasted great. The kids wouldn't eat the chicken because they thought it was too spicy, but the hubby and I loved the spice. Thanks again - great.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump