Pasta

Just wondering can I eat pasta everyday I get it from Tesco already made up it’s got 478 calories in it xsp3ya8p7gn3.png

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    If your calorie budget allows....go for it! Just track it!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Yes. Pasta with some fat, protein and vegetables. It is so good.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Sounds good to me
  • jimlee22
    jimlee22 Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks for the advice I’m trying to lose weight but a lot of people say it’s bad for you but I really enjoy it
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Pasta is one of my favorite foods. I don't care what other people say. Why make weight management complicated and miserable with restrictive and often arbitrary rules? Eat what you love within calorie limits. That's more sustainable long-term than denying yourself delicious foods for no reason.

I eat pasta several times a week, and I would eat it every day if my husband wouldn't be bored with it. As long as it fits into your calories, you can eat pasta whenever you want. B)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Sure you can eat pasta. I make it almost everyday, and I have hundreds of ways of making it. But, then again, I live in "Pasta Land"---Italy.
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Pasta is fine during weight loss, I agree the protein is low in that particular meal so as Sijomial says add some chicken to bring it up.

Keeping protein high during weight loss is important for body composition as is trying to keep your strength up.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    If pasta helps you stay compliant to a calorie deficit while losing weight, then eat the pasta!!
  • klovesd84
    klovesd84 Posts: 46 Member
    I wish Tesco was in Canada.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Only reason not to eat it would be if it doesn't leave you satisfied long enough to help you meet your calorie goals.

Agree with a previous poster that if your calorie allowance is 1500, it needs a second look. That's the bare minimum for men.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I agree to recheck your calorie allowance. 1500 is really low for a man. If that's you in the AV pic, it looks like you have very little weight to lose, so eat more.

I have to get about 30g protein (or more) per meal to hit my protein goals, and I'm set at 1800 calories, so it's only 90g per day for me.
  • jimlee22
    jimlee22 Posts: 43 Member
    Ok what Calories should I have a day I am trying to lose weight it says 1500 on the app
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    jimlee22 wrote: »
    Ok what Calories should I have a day I am trying to lose weight it says 1500 on the app

I'm guessing you chose 2 lbs/week for a weekly weight loss goal. How much do you have to lose? Less than 50, chose 1 lb. Less than 20, maybe .5 lb. Make sure your activity level is accurate.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    If it's within your goals, then absolutely.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have a very difficult relationship with pasta. I love it so much, but I have an extremely hard time restraining myself when eating it. Also, when I do, I have the feeling I'm retaining a lot of water, though that might have been my imagination or simply a coincidence. I know I can't have it everyday, but if it works for you, sure, why not?