Who else is feeling stuck?

Options
Anyone else working hard, and feeling stuck? Let's help each other push through this rut!
I'm 37, mom of 2, and on a mission to lose 25lb and get fit. I've been tracking for 72 days, using a food scale for a couple of weeks now, hitting the gym 4-5 days a week, and I've lost all of 7 pounds. :( Womp, womp. I was SO frustrated when I weighed myself yesterday. But then I signed up for a 21 day challenge at my gym with a fitness coach so I'm going to keep pushing. Anyone else fighting through a tough spot? I'd love to add some friends for accountability and motivation. Even if you're in maintenance right now - if you've been in this place, I'm motivated by others' success too!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    72 days, seven pounds. That's more than on track.

At your weight you should expect a half pound per week loss. The beginning of a weight loss plan always results in a few pounds of loss followed by slower losses.

Do you have your GOALS here set to "Lose 1/2 pound per week"? Be patient, it's not going to drop off in three weeks.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling for sure. I'm 32, mom of two. I have been very successful, losing just over 2/3rds of my total goal and becoming a runner. I reached kind of stalemate in the summer and have been struggling to bust through - it's all mental, though.

Just yesterday I decided to stop overthinking it and just do it. That's what got me so far to begin with - I had to shut off the thinking part of the journey and just DO. Every single day, just DO.

You know how as a parent, you make sure your kids eat well, get fresh air and exercise, and have a solid sleep routine? They often complain about something or give excuses why they can't do what we ask them even when we know it's in their best interest? That's how I treat myself on this journey. I love myself, so I'm just going to do this even when I don't like it.
  • roscoe2317
    roscoe2317 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 30 pounds and I have hit a plateau I cannot get through. I have an injury that is keeping me from exercising. I just got that taken care of and hopefully can start losing again.
  • germangirl2007
    germangirl2007 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @kdbulger - You hit the nail on the head in terms of just DO-ing it. I do feel that one thing that has been transformative for me is that I have confidence in who I am as a person, so my motivation is not external - it's internal. I feel like I spent most of my 20's caring about what other people thought. Now, the only person I'm competing with is myself. I think that I'm in a more empowered place now as a professional and a mom and a person, and yes - I'm older, but you're totally right - I can and I will just do it. Glad that others are right there with me!