Weight loss has stopped after 1 month

Options
Hi, I’m new here and would appreciate any advise. I started a 1200 calorie eating plan 1 month ago. I lost approx 5.7 kilos (13 pounds) in the first month. Now, for the last 10 days, I haven’t lost anymore any maybe even gained a little. Can anyone tell me why that think this is happening? Thank you in advance 😊

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Did you get your period?
  • jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying. No I already had it. I’m in the middle of my cycle now.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    10 days isn't long enough to say it's not working, its most likely a normal fluctuation especially when you lost so much in the first few weeks.

Weight loss isn't linear.

^^^ This is very true. Have a little more patience.

In the meantime, maybe double check the accuracy of your logging. Are the database entries accurate? Are you eyeballing or guessing at serving sizes at all? Those things can hinder progress.
  • jojo19812018
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I’ve been weighing everything and staying under 1200 just. I’ll have to be more patient.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I’ve been weighing everything and staying under 1200 just. I’ll have to be more patient.

That’s the best thing! I maintained for almost two weeks and had a 3lb drop this morning.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Is the 1200 calories net after eating back exercise calories?
    Because unless your a tiny person with not a lot of weight left to lose there's just no way you're not losing on 1200 calories. Which means you might be netting more calories than you think.
  • jojo19812018
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. No I’m not a tiny person. I have 25 kilos to lose.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. No I’m not a tiny person. I have 25 kilos to lose.

And you do less than 3000 steps per day?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    The most likely reason is that part of your initial loss was water weight and your stomach containing less food. Now that you have reached a new normal, your body is regaining some of the water. If you continue eating in a deficit you will lose fat and eventually the scale will show it.
  • jojo19812018
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I do about 2000 steps per day I the days I don’t exercise. I’ve just started at the gym 3 days per week and I would do more on those days. I’ve lost half a pound more as of this morning