MFP vs facebook

Options
2»

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like MFP because you can connect with like-minded people with similar goals and aspirations to your own. Its great to make friends on here and motivate and encourage one another. This healthy-lifestyle journey is not an easy one and having others there to do it with you is so helpful.

Facebook is alright I guess, lol. Don't hardly use it anymore, lol. Its great to check-in with friends from high school and college and what not, but facebook certainly doesn't provide the same satisfaction and benefits that come from connecting with people on MFP. I miss the old facebook from about 6 years ago, before it became so commercialized and my grandma got an account, lol! My news feed is so cluttered with ads and links and so and so likes this or that or blah blah. I liked it better when it was just friends on facebook sharing status updates.... I hope MFP never gets so commercialized.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I love MFP much more. F or a start, people on here have all the same goals, so you've always got something to talk about. There are great forums where you can just ask a question and several people will respond!! Also, I would hate to share all about exercise/eating habits on fb with tons of people who probably really couldn't care less.
    It has its uses, is great for keeping in touch with family I hardly ever see, speaking to friends and sharing recent pics but the majority of my "friends" on there, while I've met in RL they're mainly just people I knew from school and never talk to :/
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I Like facebook because of my friends and family back home and I use to be on it all the time until they blocked us from it at work. I don't tell too many people about this site because then they will be on it and it will get blocked.

I love MFP. I have met so many nice people and it's just alot of fun. We are all here for the same reason so it makes it that more fun.

I love all my MFP friends and just want them to know I appreciate the encouragement and friendship.
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like MFP better than Facebook cause most of my friends on FB contribute to the reason why I am fat.. Hanging out drinking all the time eating while drinking,...lol
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Facebook? What is Facebook? LOL My Mom is on Facebook... enough said! MFP every day!
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    I like MFP better than Facebook cause most of my friends on FB contribute to the reason why I am fat.. Hanging out drinking all the time eating while drinking,...lol

I love your picture...lol
  • vtgirl77
    vtgirl77 Posts: 69
    Options
    Besides a chat option, I wish MFP would also have notifications on your news feed so when people comment on your comment you can reciprocate without having to look through all of the posts and be like "oh, they commented on that!" I'm in such an FB frame of mind...lol, BUT, I think it helps with interaction, which is what we are here for.....interaction for help, motivation, tips and support :)
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MFP all the way.....I live, eat, breath working out and eating right.....I have like 2 friends on FB that care about any of that. I am actually starting to really hate FB, the only reason I have it its to read the articles my favorite fitness magazines and health websites post and because I sort of feel socially obligated. I swear I hide at least one person a day. Its all about complaining or bragging any more. The thing I hate the most is stuff like this....."Well, I guess thats the end of that......" "end of what?" "Oh nothing.....just over it." "Over what?" "Its personal....." "So why did you post that for all your 722 "friends" to see????
  • AmandaCG
    Options
    and I totally agree that MFP needs to do more notifications so you can follow comments and stuff.
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    "Well, I guess thats the end of that......" "end of what?" "Oh nothing.....just over it." "Over what?" "Its personal....." "So why did you post that for all your 722 "friends" to see????

OMG - this drives me crazy!!!

I also agree with the notifications, I always have to sift back through old things as if I don't waste enough time on this site!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im way more addicted to both than I should be. But Im liking MFP more these days. My goals and daily routine have shifted so much to this healthier lifestyle. You all "get it" whereas I feel like Im driving my FB friends crazy with it.
  • AmandaCG
    Options
    Im way more addicted to both than I should be. But Im liking MFP more these days. My goals and daily routine have shifted so much to this healthier lifestyle. You all "get it" whereas I feel like Im driving my FB friends crazy with it.

I TOTALLY agree!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options

I TOTALLY agree!
    Yes, this! One of FB friends actually used the term "Exercise *kitten*" to describe me on FB the other day! I took it as a compliment! :happy:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Facebook? What is Facebook? LOL My Mom is on Facebook... enough said! MFP every day!

^^This. I almost never even bother getting on FB anymore.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Facebook was a thing for me right after I set up my account... added photos and the like, but I was never addicted... sometimes I don't even go there for a month or more at a time.

MFP - totally different story. I love this site. I open my email and then MFP, like clockwork every day, before the coffee is even in my body.

I keep MFP up all night at work and I love to read the posts and reply as I see fit.

I love all the helpful and cheerful people and I love seeing encouragement from my friends here too!

This site works - I will stay here forever.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I honestly have never been on facebood before. I can say that I like MFP a lot!! I am unable to access facebook at work it is blocked by company rules.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Today I'm considering breaking up with Facebook... LOL.

I ♥ MFP