Mom of two with desperate need to get healthy

Options
I have a 1.5 year old and newborn and am about 50lbs above what I was before my first. I used to be very active and a long distance runner. Now I have a herniated disc in my back and muscle spasm. I need to get back in shape so I can live my life fully for me and my family.

Replies

• mdavies17
    mdavies17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you go see a GOOD chiropractor they will be able to adjust your herniated disc and you'll feel instant relief. It's happened to me before. If it's hindering you from running then the next best thing would be to walk. If you can get outside (ideally on an empty stomach first thing in the morning) and go on a nice long walk, that will burn some fat and hopefully turn into a jog, then a run :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Before you go see a GOOD chiropractor though since you are a newborn mom and a mom of a less then 2 year old I say focus on those things first.
  • JessiKeiter11
    JessiKeiter11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here- I have 2 little girls and I want to be healthy for them, as well as myself and my husband. I’ve never been in the best shape, but trying to re focus and not think of this as a “diet” but a lifestyle change 😃