pilates

Options
I'm starting a new six week program tomorrow where I'll do cardio MWF and weight training TTH. My question is this is pilates considered strength training or cardio? I know it's kind of a stupid question but I really want to incorporate pilates into my routine. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• throughHisstrength
    Options
    I'm starting a new six week program tomorrow where I'll do cardio MWF and weight training TTH. My question is this is pilates considered strength training or cardio? I know it's kind of a stupid question but I really want to incorporate pilates into my routine. Thanks for any help.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think it can be both actually. Some pilates workouts are faster paced and very tough, increasing the breathing and heart rate. But there are also many strength building poses. I do some pilates in addition to my regular cardio (walking, jogging, aerobics etc.) and strength ( weights at gym or home workouts with dumbells) routines. If you have the time, maybe two days a week add the pilates, or cut back 10-15 minutes minutes of your cardio a couple days and do pilates after your cardio.