Using MyFitnessPal to Lose 30 Pounds!

Options
Hello, everyone!

My name is Sarah, and I've decided to use MyFitnessPal to help me stay on track while losing 30 pounds. I'll be implementing a plant-based diet into my lifestyle, because I feel great when I stick to it. As far as exercise goes, I'm looking to increase my amount of exercise with pilates, hiit, yoga, walking, and bicycling.

My aesthetic goal is to build lean muscle that serves to "lengthen" the look of my body. I'm naturally petite, but I *know* it's possible to workout and be slender- I've done it before a few years ago... just with an eating disorder. This time, however, I am doing it as healthy as possible.

Going beyond aesthetics, I also want to lose this extra weight for a few other reasons. When I was lighter, I had a lot of energy! I want to gain that energy back- I'm not a fan of feeling sleepy in the afternoon. Another reason is hormonal balance. Whenever I stick to a healthy, plant-based diet, I don't have ANY bloat, and I generally feel well-balanced and well. I'm sure cutting off some extra weight will also help with hormone regulation.

Replies

• yeahbuddy70
    yeahbuddy70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, where are you from?
  • chriskhami
    chriskhami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m exactly where you are and just starting a plan today. I’ve let myself go way to long and I’m sad by what I’ve done to myself. Here’s to success
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great goals you've laid out. Jumpstarting my own program this week after a long illness and layoff.
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat and want to lose the same amount of weight.
    My food plan is a little different, but same exercise plan and goals.

Looking for supportive friends, especially ones with good recipes and fun exercise plans.