Thai Take Out?

Options
I am having dinner with my father tonight and we are ordering from Thai (his favorite!) but I am not sure what to get. There is not much nutritional information on google. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    pad thai isn't TOOOOO bad- especially if you divide your meal in half (or even thirds).
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Look up the ingredients separately. I get pad thai with tofu and shrimp and/or tom yum soup with shrimp. The rice noodles in the pad thai are lower in cals than pasta, so it's usually okay if you watch your portions.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    Thai Chicken Stir Fry is really low cal, skip the rice if possible or do brown rice if they offer it there.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    If you like Pad Thai... You could order it -- Pad Thai Woon Sen

I like mine w/ shrimp

This is with Woon Sen noodles instead of the regular ones... They are bean thread noodles and are lower in calories and all around better for you.

Here is a MFP link to the nutritional info
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/thai-pad-woon-sen-948619
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    1 cup pad thai. you should be able to find a calorie content on here. It's high, and tasty. Just start your meal with a broth soup and it should help.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I get pad thai as well, and definitely split it up! It's one of those meals where I eat it so fast I don't realize how full I really am :ohwell:

I get it with shrimp, and really spicy!