9 pounds in 6 weeks !

Options
nora090897
nora090897 Posts: 11 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks.it is okay or too slow ?

Replies

• arobey11
    arobey11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What are your stats (height, weight, gender)? How much are you looking to lose?
  • nora090897
    nora090897 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    arobey11 wrote: »

female, 160cm, my current weight is 144 lbs. My goal weight is around 120-130.
  • arobey11
    Options
    So you started at ~153 with roughly 30 lbs to lose (maybe slightly less), and have experienced a rate of loss of about 1.5 lb/week. What is your current calorie allowance? Are you feeling overly fatigued, restricted in your diet, experiencing any new adverse symptoms, or do you have any general concerns about losing too quickly? I actually asked a similar question here about a year and a half ago, because I was running into the same concern (losing more quickly than I intended) and wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for failure (or muscle/hair loss, etc).

It doesn't sound like you're being overly aggressive with your deficit, but of course that depends on how you're personally feeling about your new way of eating.
  • arobey11
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    nora090897 wrote: »
    I have lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks.it is okay or too slow ?

It's not slow...it's about 1.5 Lbs per week...that isn't slow.

Oof, my brain apparently totally ignored the actual question and assumed she said fast! Yes, OP, this isn't a slow rate of loss at all - this is pretty fast and, with the amount you have left to lose, some could make a case that it's too fast. My apologies for my brain flub :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    nora090897 wrote: »
    arobey11 wrote: »

female, 160cm, my current weight is 144 lbs. My goal weight is around 120-130.

Let's pick 124 as your goal weight to make the number round. With only 20 pounds to lose, slow your rate of loss to a half pound to a pound per week.

You simply don't have the fat reserves to make a more aggressive rate of loss sustainable. Under eating often leads to overeating. Better slow and steady than gaining it all back.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    It's a good rate of loss I think.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    Slow it is not!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the gloomy rain cloud here as you're loosing at a good clip. but it's important to also recognise that the first few weeks can often see larger than usual losses and it is very likely to slow down to a more 'normal' rate eventually.

I only say this so that you understand that newbie losses can be slightly inflated and not to get discouraged if it begins to slow down. I even had a slight rebound. My weight bounced back up a little before resuming to decline at a more 'realistic' rate.