Love handles - remove please

Options
Does anyone know a great exercise to remove love handles? No matter what my weight even when I was as low as 105 I have love handles right on my hips and can't seem to find a way to get rid of them.

Replies

• soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bicycles! And other exercises where you are twisting your body.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Check this video out! It has helped me!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuChSnGqyMU
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and Insanity! Planks and plyo work w/ weights really get the inches down. Of course what you eat as well. Eat clean and if you eat/drink dairy/cheese try to limit.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You can tone muscles in your body but you cannot spot reduce. You body dictates where fat loss comes from. :ohwell:
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Besides oblique work out? Bigger pants hahaha j/k lots of core, especially oblique strengthening exercises.
  • Twilightmom06
    Twilightmom06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Heh. My love handles are just about the only fat I have left on me. Since I have steel rods in my spine - I'm pretty limited as to what I can do to eliminate them. I've been trying to do what I can, but boy are they hanging on.

Just keep going - unfortunately, our bodies lose fat from where THEY want to lose fat from and NOT from where WE want them to lose it from. Keep working out and eventually it'll come off!

I will say though - I've read a lot of articles that say women's bodies tend to hold the fat in that part of the body in preparation for pregnancy (to protect a pregnancy -- cushion it). I say my body needs to wake up and realize we are DONE with that part of life. LOL.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and Insanity! Planks and plyo work w/ weights really get the inches down.

This should tone you up all over!
  • CeCe_DuB
    Options
    Reverse crunches!! They also help work your "Six pack abs" Just lay on the floor and put your legs up 90 degrees. Then do a slight roll up and it really helps!!
  • Manoca94
    Options
    Running is a great way to get rid of unwanted stomach fat and side handles. Any cardio 45min to and hour workout will do, because you really don't start burning a lot of fat until your about 30min into the workout. Eating healthy, and doing core strengthening exercises will tone the muscles.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Whatever exercise you do tighten and flex your abs. I get great ab workouts all the time when i am doing other exercises that have nothing to do with the abs.. Also if your love handles are there only when you are wearing clothes then you might just be wearing the wrong size.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I say my body needs to wake up and realize we are DONE with that part of life. LOL.
    [/quote]

I SECOND that!!!!
  • shockrina
    Options
    Want me to bring over my Wii Zumba! :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    clean diet + cardio + strength training = reduction in your most problematic areas.
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice I will keep working at it and hopefully in time my body will realize I don't need fat there because the baby factory is closed. :smile:
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice I will keep working at it and hopefully in time my body will realize I don't need fat there because the baby factory is closed. :smile:

LOL I am sooooo with you!!!!