new to yoga

Options
woohoo. i tried a yoga video today. i found out that there is a move called "The Screaming Pigeon" LOL. considering I couldnt contort my body into said position tells me why the pigeon would scream.

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    LOVE. When I do the dvds, I make it an experience (I'm a hippie like that). A dim lamp is good and I close my eyes and listen to what the instructor is telling me to do. Sometimes when I open my eyes, I'm amazed how far I've reached!

Enjoy!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, as long as you are moving in the general direction that it is intended you are doing well. Always honor your body.

I have heard of the pigieon pose, but not the screaming pigeion will have to check that one out.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I had to google this because, while I've done yoga for 2 1/2 years, I had never heard of a "screaming pigeon." But I have done this before and it's fantastic for stretching out after running.
  • sleeplessinsavasana
    Options
    Which yoga DVD was that ? I love yoga.... :)
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I never thought I would enjoy yoga as much as I do :) I am finding myself more and more flexible as time passes! Keep with it and over time you will see how you become more comfortable with the poses and you become more flexible.
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Which yoga DVD was that ? I love yoga.... :)

the video was an old VHS from the brand Yoga Zone.
    I have a lot of old VHS exercise videos, and I can still find tons more at the thrift store, so cheap and still very effective.