Weigh-In Day: When Do you Do It?

Options
I found that Friday is the best day for me because then I can take a day off on Friday or Saturday without noticing any repercussions on the scale. I only weigh-in one day a week. When and how often does anyone else weigh-in and why do you choose that day?

Replies

• DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday. But I weigh sometimes during the week just to see what it looks like. I try to not let it get me down or get me excited (if the weight is down). I only record it on Sunday. I chose this day because the first week I was weighing it had the lowest weight haha. If I weigh on Sunday and my weight is up I just don't record it because my body retains water like I'm a camel or something. I keep in mind that my weight is up but I just wait until I've lost another pound then I record it. Anyway that may not work for some people I know a lot of people like to record all the ups and downs. I just hate back tracking!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but my official weigh-in day is Tuesday. I might switch it to Monday, so that I don't go crazy on the weekends. I don't cheat though, so it really doesn't matter really.
  • farmingfool
    Options
    I know what you are saying about backtracking. When I first started I gained weight and had to readjust my goals and it was very frustrating and depressing. I'd rather not do that all the time.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every day, but I take Sunday as my "official" weigh-in, purely because I started on a Sunday.
  • jsiler181
    Options
    I'm a bit of a scale-junkie so I weigh in every morning. I don't let myself get worked up over losses or gains everyday because I know everyone flucuates, but it helps keep me accountable. The only day that I actually log what I weigh is on Friday morning. If I'm down, it motivates me to do well over the weekend when I otherwise may want to splurge. And if I'm up, then it's a nice kick in the pants to do better over the weekend. Kind of a win/win for me :)
  • farmingfool
    Options
    I hadn't thought of Friday as a motivator for less splurging. I know that I take a day off on the weekend but I do splurge less when I see that I have lost/maintained weight.