Restarting my health journey.

Options
Hi there! I am Sherri. I have been on MFP for a very long time. I have sadly given up on my self and getting healthy many times and it sucks. I tend to like to go big or go home and this never seems to work for me which os why i seem to give up so easily. I am going to start this journy with starting with little baby steps. I have many medical conditionsthat rely on me to get on a better health rutine as well as a 5 year old niece qho would love for me to be healthy so that we can do more together. I have the support of anamazingboyfriend qho will be starting his own health journey as well. I look forward to meeding some amazing people jere on MFP as well!

Replies

• jackiegigz11
    jackiegigz11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Jackie welcome 🤗
    I also starter my weightloss journey but its more like Restarting since i failed so many times but so far ive lost 23 lbs and let me tell you feels pretty amazing even though i have a loooong way to go but i have an almost 5 year old son that needs me n he’s my motivation. Your not alone. You can do this I can do this WE can do this.
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply! It scares me so much to do this again. I know it takes alot of hard work and dedication and it is so easy to fall off the band wagon.
  • Riverotter71
    Riverotter71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on this weight loss journey on and off since my mid 20's. I was on Weight Watchers long ago, but it was so dang expensive. I did SparkPeople for awhile, but now I want to try something different. Along with not paying attention to what I was eating and no exercise at all I also had medications to blame. And now that I'm in my late 40's I also have the middle aged woman excuse too of hormones shifting.

It's recently been hitting me that I have to do something soon because I was maintaining at a somewhat comfortable overweight range 2 years ago and really enjoyed getting into local musical theatre, but after a recent gain of 40 lbs I don't feel comfortable auditioning anymore since I can't move like I used to and I hate how I look. On top of all that I'm hoping to reach my goal before I'm 50. It might take me exactly that amount of time too since I have about 100 lbs to lose. I'm determined to stay on this wagon and never get off this time. But I do need all the encouragement i can get with starting up again. I know we can all do this and stick with it!
  • mhabing8
    mhabing8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm Michelle.. I'm also restarting this journey! I have tried and tried and tried to stick with it but it just hasn't worked for me.. I've had a gym membership at Planet Fitness for about 2 months now but I haven't went on a consistent basis so it's really doing me no good. I'm determined to start going 5 times a week for at least 45 minutes.. I also work 3rd shift so getting my eating schedule down has been extremely difficult. I have a lot of health problems that run in my family so I'm determined to get my weight down now so my chances of getting them are less... :) We can definitely do this!! :smiley:
  • valerieacastillo
    valerieacastillo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Valerie I have had MFP for a very long time but never stick to it. I am 24 and have a wonderful bf of 6 years that is so supportive. We would love to start a family one day but I have PCOS and other issues causing me not to be able to get pregnant so I started this weight loss journey about 2 months ago and have lost about 25lbs so far. It is very hard for me to push myself on a daily but I hope to meet some people that would like to challenge and motivate each other. Keep up the great work ladies!!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Every person has to find his or her own little "secret" of weight loss. For me is the age old mantra: Plan my next day's meal plan, take it meal by meal, day by day. Stick with MFP, stick to the suggested calorie and macro goals. I am nearly on 200 days MFP now -and today somebody I haven't seen in a long time commented about my weight loss. Still a long way to go but I haven't gained all the extra weight overnight either...
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing their best at weightloss. I wish you all the best. I love hearing amazing stories about how everyone goes through the journy of weightloss. Makes it feel less lonely.
  • linkviktoria8802
    linkviktoria8802 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm feeling the same way. I started many times this, but somehow I gave up. I'm trying to restart it again. It would be nice to talk to people, who also having this problem. I feel, many times I gave up with lame excuses. I would need to lose like 10-15 kg at least.
  • misssararae
    misssararae Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. It took me YEARS to finally figure out what works for me. That was replacing one thing at a time. First it was the Coke I was drinking, then it was drinking 1 gallon of water a day, then it was tracking everything for 2 weeks, then it was meal prepping for 2 weeks, then it was meal prepping and hitting my macros consistently for 2 weeks. Any time I went from 0 - 100 I failed. But, when I broke it up into smaller mini goals it worked for me. I kept 58lbs off for a year and a half and then I had a major life event that sent me back into an unhealthy eating pattern and I stopped tracking. I gained 25lbs of my weight loss back before I even met my long term goal. Now, I did the same thing again by replacing a bad and unhealthy habit with a healthier one gradually over the course of a month and I'm back into the swing of a healthier eating lifestyle. I'm an ex yo-yo dieter and if I can do it, anyone can. Don't give up on yourself and don't beat yourself up if you ever slip up. Your next meal will be a better one if you decide that you're not going to let yourself get you down.
  • babylokita14
    babylokita14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Karina and I am also starting my journey over since having my second baby I’ve struggled with my weight for a long time but we got this 😁
  • TamaraWisniewskiKozak
    Options
    I am starting my journey again too. I have been following weight watchers since July and have not been particularly successful. I teach full time (high school), I have two children (12 and 10), I am getting my master's, and my husband has to work two jobs. I am feeling imbalanced and decided to get back on myfitnesspal. I need to prioritize and place myself on that list (not just my tasks--but myself).